A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

I wouldn’t put too much weight on that match. The real season begins tomorrow. I’m hopeful we’ll still pick up some more players before September.

Thanks, PMH

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see much of Glasgow on my visit, since I was traveling through several UK cities at the time to follow the STP tour, but I enjoyed what I saw. I must go back to Scotland again and see the Old Course!

How close are we to a full scale Russian invasion of Ukraine?

End of week FX Analysis Focus on Sterling - YouTube

Useful video, Emerald… That’s one buzzy laptop fan, though :wink:

Good luck trading next week…especially on that EUR/USD long!!

Yes still not changed it. I like my laptop, got a bit attached I am afraid. :slight_smile: Thanks, the Euro long is risky but I am banking on that 1.3300 holding.

Hi all, I finally got out my Euro long. Despite my Dollar negativity looking at some of the other pairs I see USD strength building across the board and I also see attention has turned to the Euro again with some massive volume and a candle no bigger than pinky.

In the words Mrs Coulling, “it may be time to step aside”. The area is of no significance at all to generate such buying. In fact at the top of the congestion area at the relative highs 1.3400. Anyway I bowed out at +40 pips. Can’t complain at this point.

I see a liquidity gap up on the 4hr chart on GBP/USD opening Sterling much higher. This pair has struggled to correct my guess is the market makers now need a better price to sell, too many sell orders at the moment, they are supporting the price. Again another reason to hold fire.

Gold seems to be in congestion but lower this morning and Oil is also lower.

I am still looking to Short Sterling pending today’s outcome of market manipulation… There are Bulls and bears but there are also pigs and today will certainly yield many pigs to the slaughter.

That must be the Forex quote of the year… Genius.

Emerald:

could lower oil prices be due to this?
Kurdish Oil Finding More Buyers as Tanker Offloads in Croatia

Also of interest: 65% of FXCM customers are LONG on GBP/USD,
according to their sentiment index (SSI)… Contrarians may prepare for
further selling… Last two day candles on this pair look like accumulation phase
is at play…

Oils was due for a major correction lower, I guess no one thought it will be this low. If you remember, all the big hedge funds were touting oil higher a few months ago, even Soros was saying go long on oil. You can Zero Hedge for the article. At this point Oil was 106 a barrel. Anywhere over $99 is traditional a danger zone for crude.

a quarter later Oil is $94 a barrel and falling, i personally believe it may find support briefly before pushing slightly lower for a big buy up.

So yes, the market uses any piece of news to send prices all over the places. As you know I believe in capital flows towards higher yielding trades and in this case I believe we are seeing a flow of capital into USD and Bonds from commodities hence all the distortion between bonds and currencies.

I am not surprised every one is long of GBP, I have no position in it now precisely because I do expect a pull back, also if you take a look at GBP/JPY massive volume on a bear candle then a mark up on considerably lower volume. So the up move on GBP/JPY has already started and appears to be struggling at the 50% retrace of the last move but GBP/USD is stagnant. So I think sell but patience will be the key because either direction, there will be no time to react.

FxPro GBPJPY h4 MH0wn | cTrader

FxPro GBPUSD h4 WH0wn | cTrader

I have my eye on the Aussie for a short. Just waiting for the London close to assess the situation. I am thinking short now for a short term gain and then wait again for the reversal if I am right the Aussie should rebound higher. Early days at this point…

FxPro AUDUSD h4 zH0wn | cTrader

FxPro AUDUSD h4 Kq0wn | cTrader

I am short on the Aussie at the moment. Chickened out of the Euro and Sterling, there is too much manipulation of the price. So better to wait after the blood on the street has been mopped up. Not too much damage if my point of view is wrong on the Aussie.

Happy trading folks! Big day tomorrow… Can’t help but visualize the scene in 300 when the Persians had discovered the goat path and Leonidas says, “Spartans! Prepare for Glory!” I love these times when you in the middle of a big move and you are in for all nothing… :53:

Hello Emeraldorc… I really thought that your previous post was [B]magnificent[/B]…

I am long the AUD/NZD (but this is one of the ‘trades of the year’ for 2014)… As in the song:

Enjoy!

I am also short Aussie. Bought EUR/Aud at previous low.

Also sold cad/chf at previous high.

Looking for a bounce from a large candle with very low volume…???

Here we go :slight_smile:

Wow! That is some bull move. I have never traded this pair. It is perhaps a time zone thing but for some reason I haven’t looked at it.

My short is playing out okay on a AUD/USD. My concern is that it may not breach 0.9285 area. So a potential get out point but we shall see. I had no more room on risk exposure to short the Euro as well but it seems like it did well on the short side.

I am now looking at the USD/NOK again on the buy side, See that volume pile in and it is going nowhere at present…Preparing for a launch upwards. Risk Reward a bit tricky. Stops at 6.121 below.

FxPro USDNOK h4 BbTwn | cTrader

Happy trading guys! I am sure everyone is mighty happy today…

Welcome to thread BillMoney. Hope you enjoy our company and sharing. I am a bit vain and annoying to some. My parents showed me a mirror to early so blame them.

Other than that it should be fun…

Nice one, Emerald…

I am waiting for Gov. Stevens’ semi-annual testimony (on in just over half an hour)…

This may give the pair further moves… which way?

:54:

PS - You trade the Norwegian Kroner, but… is trading exotics not a high-spread endeavour?

Don’t listen to him, BillMoney… he’s too busy making Forex videos to do this all day long:

It can be but I have an ECN account account so no spreads or negligible ones. I pay commission at a flat rate. Luxury of an ECN…

I do still love my prunning pipme… Don’t mess with 'LL Cool J. :slight_smile:

FxPro USDNOK h4 drTwn | cTrader

I am have been long on USD/NOK since yesterday New York Close. So far I am up looks like it will do a descent run
Possible resistance between 50% and 61.8% of the last move and go south or push the entire length higher.

FxPro AUDUSD h4 5rTwn | cTrader

Sitting on the sides lines with My Aussie short. I had to cover at my first suspected target after a Doji appeared right on my 0.9285 suggested low. It is also trying to respect the inner trend line. So could turn around especially with volume building in that area. The spread on the candle is also tighter. So best to cut and duck +40 pips.

Trading a correction always leaves you open to higher risk. I was going through my deal map the other it is amazing how many trades I took in correctional areas. Trends are always easier observed in retrospect, it is amazing how hard it is to see one when it is forming.

Anyway. Happy trading!