A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

It was fine here this morning, just graying up now. We have a warm weekend coming up. :slight_smile: This looks bad though…

I am just waiting for Iceland’s volcanoes to start erupting and then I can go short on equities ;p Rain just doesn’t cut it in the trading world… ;p

I look forward to the ‘Indian summer’ we are always promised… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

loooooool!

Hi guys, sorry was a bit busy. Still in my USD/NOK trade. A classical example of why you must buy strength and sell weakness. Well I bought strength and sold strength. So happened the Norwegian economy is steam rolling ahead (Bust is underway!) and so is the US apparently. So time to cut and run, the USD is like that unreliable girlfriend, really delivers in the sack but is never really around enough to have you really liking what you are getting. So you have to ditch her at some point before she leaves you hanging.

Anyway I am getting out the position at a small profit. FxPro USDNOK h4 wbrwn | cTrader I am closing right now. On to the next opportunity…

Hello Emerald,

nice chart!

I have been away from BabyPips for a whole twenty-four hours (imagine)! I was doing my round of private lessons after work

and - maybe it was dehydration - I started getting a massive headache, followed by nausea… I got home and I was so weak

I went straight to bed and slept until now… It is half past three in the morning, and I am eating like a starved rat :slight_smile: At least

I am feeling better, whatever it was!

So, on to trading: your chart looks great …Is the red line your Stop Loss, and your green line your Take Profit? If so, was the

trade going against you - did you try to sell while the pair moved up? Sorry, just wanted to understand the chart.

Back to bed shortly.

Goodnight and

Good Luck!

Interesting article from yesterday, looking into whether FTSE100 is overvalued, and what ‘smart money’ is doing:

Video: FTSE 100 beware: Five most important investment charts explained - Telegraph

I am away now, back to my bed…

Goodnight

Good you are feeling better. A bug maybe.

The blue and red line are my bid and ask my position always shows on the chart with my SL the TP and position the other blue lines. It was fine but after 5 days the pair moved 20 pips so closed out at a small profit thinking the USD may just bottom out.

Amazingly today the price finally broke and I missed it all. Talk about a classic case of cutting a profit short. Happens to the best of us.

Anyway I am planning to sell the and Sterling on any pull back or if the Euro breaks 1.3088, so far I am going through a phase of being hot and being right on all my calls. This is normally followed by a bad spell…

Hello Emerald,

good call!

Are you not glad that Kashif got out of those GBP/USD trades?

It has now reached 1.6460!!

Great article today on the Financial Times, which I bought (in paper format):

“Scots vote fears rattle City”…

followed by an article on page 13: “The Draghi dilemma: can the ECB really do whatever it takes?”…

Tomorrow there may be some interesting reactions to the ECB and BoE decisions… but I am guessing

that it may all have been priced in!

Good night and

good luck!

Australian GDP and the Bank of Canada rate decision were released today at 01:30 and 14:00 GMT respectively. The charts below illustrate how dramatically such news events can impact trading volume.

AUD/USD 15-Minute Chart

USD/CAD 15-Minute Chart

I have a pending short on GBPUSD. Green is entry, red is stop loss, gold is 1st profit target but I also have alerts up to 50% extention. Pair is under 30 ema and 60sma, Below MFI on 30 minute time frame, 1 hour and daily agree, did a fib reading to see retrace. As well confirmed plan with B.B.

The Euro plunged to fresh yearly lows and tested the critical $1.30 mark versus the US Dollar as the European Central Bank cut interest rates and announced Quantitative Easing policies.

What you guys have idea on my MT4 charts? Do you guys think it will be continuous trend or a correction might occurs?

As per my view, ELLIOT have done a 1,3,5 waves. Actually I don’t think it will be a continuous trend and I am waiting it to form a Diagonal Top and I believe it will form soon and followed by correction. So once it form and either a Diagonal Top or Double Top and some candle signals, I believe I have no more doubt to SELL on it. Any ideas from you guys?

It’s cousin gpbusd didn’t drop as much but still a significant dive. Good day to be short in either.
Gp

Great analysis, Jason Rogers, especially with the Real Volume chart! You are a legend!!!

GP00053,

I am fascinated by the pair I am trading, EUR/GBP, as its correlation often switches between EUR/USD and GBP/USD: being a synthetic pair between these two, it will only rise on significant GBP/USD drops when the EUR/USD is relatively stable, but when the GBP/USD is falling at the same time as EUR/USD then it will follow the latter and fall with it (rather than rise in response to a falling GBP/USD).

I keep watching my long EUR/GBP every day, in wonderment!

Happy trading.

I would watch this mate… Looks like a weak A correction at the top and the impending correction will be an irregular B which will see the pair go higher.

So caution…

I have a big ass smile on my face. FxPro GBPUSD h4 F9rwn | cTrader I did not short the Euro as well but basically anything USD would have made your accounnt very fat 123 pips so far, with more to come. 1.6250 for me guys.

Euro 1.2745 in my humble opinion. We all live for days like this. I was thinking the same for Kashif. It would have been another blown account that the nego crowd would be only happy to embrace.

The Euro is the weakest dog in the park. We are at the tail end of this madness so it is now you should be alert as the big money are on the exit button. Any moment now… There will be blood on the streets as JP Morgan would say.

EXACTLY!!! We know it’s coming and in forex there’s no honer in going down with the ship. We have to Keep an eye for the accumulation phase.

I know the Euro is backing up for a 4th wave and it will be short but will erode some profits and take some stops. I am going to sell it on the dip back. GBP has further to fall even 1.5834 in the long term. 1.6250 is a key level but at this point I am doubting it will hold.