A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

Thought this will be a useful link Tharp Trader Test

Van Tharp is the number one traders psychologist.

Wow thatā€™s interesting. I took a fast look and youā€™re right. Thanks for the tip, Iā€™ll have to keep an eye.
Gp

Pretty accurate:22:
You tend to earn your success by being thorough, methodical, systematic, organized, and dependable. You are also realistic and responsible as long as things make sense for you. You probably decide logically what needs to be done and work toward it little by little until you are finished.
Gp

Thanks PMH, but I canā€™t take credit for that chart. Itā€™s from an article by David Rodriguez. :22:

I have a pending long on AUDUSD 30 minute time frame. Green is entry, red is stop loss, gold is 1st profit target. Pair is above 30 ema and 60sma, Up MFI is above the zero line on 30 minute time frame, 1 hour and daily agree, did a fib reading to see retrace. As well confirmed with a mean-reversion indicator, Support and Resistance.

Hello guys, hope everyone had a good week.

Yes GP. The Van Tharp test is quite accurate. Found out about it from reading market wizards, everyone should read that book just to read Van Tharpā€™s interview. He is amazingly a good trader himself quit trading after making quite a bit of money to undertake his trading psychology practice that he wanted to devote time to and admits he did love trading as much as psychology.

Hi pipme how are you feeling from your bug? Hope you are on your feet. How was your trading week? Trading the crosses could be good. I am considering adding a few crosses myself to my portfolio of pairs. So far the majors have been good but seems like AUD/NZD and EUR/GBP and AUD/JPY offer some great opportunities. Have you traded any of the minors? (Pesoā€™s, Real, etc).

By the way some epic trading on Sterling for me. So I am feeling a little elated. Trying to contain any feelings of ego or over confidence so I am going to cease opening positions for a day or so unless sterling closes below 1.6248 in which case it will all systems go. FxPro GBPUSD h4 v8rwn | cTrader

Hello, Epic Emerald!

Glad you too got those Pound crumbs :wink:

My trades are good over the two accounts;
the best (open) ones, so far, are the following:

AUD/NZD long: +213 pips;
GBP/USD short:+264 pips;

One of the worst ones so far is
EUR/NZD long, which is dragging its
feet, and is now at -302 pips; however,
given its technical positioning (bottom
of historic range, and coiling onto a
long-term, slowly emerging trendline),
and recent NZD weakness, I expect to
be staying in this trade for many months,
potentially, with plenty of room to the upside,
as may be obvious on this monthly chart:

Yes I am 100% better xx

What are your plans for the weekend?

It is wet and miserable, so time with kids and wife, watch some movies, edge of tomorrow and Malifecent (for the ladies). And you?

Sorry to hear thatā€¦ How were the films?

I am listening to a DJ/ambience/beats setā€¦

Will you be trading much, next week?

RBNZ rate decision and some after-effects of the ECB rate decision, as well as Australian employment figures and more UK data could give some further fuel to current trendsā€¦

Good night!!

After such a big week of profits it is a good idea to sit back and get perspective. Seems like GBP is being accumulated across the board. Most other pairs are in a correction. However if sterling does break 1.6250 I will sell for 1.6000 Target.

Have a great night pal. Movies were pretty good.

Anything with Angelina Jolie is bareable lol love that chick

Great stuff, Emerald! Enjoy tomorrow! Will see what happens next week!

Current Plan has changed as Iā€™m looking forward to Tokyo open. I will be riding the bounces between the green lines. Plan confirmed with BB, VSA and PA. This is on a 1 minute chart right now, but I believe will build same directional bounce on 5 minute. Thatā€™s the new plan for now.

Iā€™m pending long on GBPUSD. I waited for an hour after the Sydney Open. I had a short order and took 160 pip profit. From there I applied my fib tool to enter on the green, stop loss is red 1st take profit gold. I have alerts set on 23 and 50% fib ext levels.
With no major announcements today or tomorrow, once Tokyo opens I will see which of the phases the pair is in, and go long when price is moving into markup and short when it moves into mark down through the London NY overlap.

The plan change once Tokyo opens or over night but thatā€™s my intention.
Gp

She is definitely hot even for her age. Those lips always give some interesting visionsā€¦ whoops! Glad my wife isnā€™t listening.

I am short EUR/USD. Wanted to go short on Sterling looking at 1.5855 target but I think the Euro is heading for 1.2755 at least but that said it is minimal risk at the moment, easier to trade in the direction of the market than against it. I also know that I am at the end of a cycle on the 4H in any case so a retrace is due.

Like Mark Weinstein says, you have to respect the other guy and ask yourself why is he taking the opposite side of the market? It has been another blinding day for GBP shorts. Gold has broken a trend line even though it is in a congestion on the daily, so my guess is 1240.00. This for me says more USD strength on the way.

Reminds me of a poker hand between 2 pro players, Gus Hansen and Phil Ivey. Hansen checked a bet and Ivey made a bet, then Hansen came back and raised him. While Ivey was analyzing his next move, Hansen swallowed and Ivey said, Gus why the swallow? Are swallowing because youā€™re scared Iā€™m calling or are did you swallow so I would think you had nothing but in fact youā€™re holding a monster. Ivey waited a couple of seconds then folded. Like you say, "you have to wonder why someone takes the opposite side of the market.

I donā€™t know what do think. I heard an analyst was talking about USD/CAD and he said in fact the CAD numbers are better than the USD, itā€™s just that traders donā€™t buy it, they think stronger numbers are on the way. I have gone for now to a strict Technical analysis using: VSA,PVT and Mean Reversion analysis and trade after any major announcements.

Absolutely agree to you that EUR/USD going to somewhere 1.278x area. It is heading back to July 2013 low. Of course I will hold it till the end there. :51:

I was stopped out on that trade kept my stop really tight and Euro happened to bounce so thatā€™s it for now. I am looking at GBP now for the shortside and NOK on the long side, also AUD/USD on the short side. Some seriously volume boiling in these pairs.

+1 ?..