A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

Yep. We shall see how everything will play out towards the month end. GU is on the moved almost 100 pips today… We shall see if it will keep up :slight_smile:

Here’s the range strategy I use. Indicators: Bollinger Bands, 24 period EMA, Simple Volume, Stochastics
BB,Volume & Stochastics have to agree

Rules
Time Frame 15, 30 or 1 hour time frame
Don’t trade 20 minutes before or after if pair has any economic announcements
Band with must be no less than 20 no more than 50 pips
Stop loss a few pips above or below the band depending on which way you’re going
Entry wait for price to bounce off upper or lower bands. upper go short lower go long
Exit when price bounces on upper if long lower if short
Make sure price does not hug upper or lower band.

I also use nearest resistance and support especially if their on the stronger side. The 2 keys to success 1. Price bouncing Strong S&R 2. Nearest not hi and low: Nearest.
I draw my lines between the bodies not wicks, but you can also use between wicks. Distance between Bands, Entry, Exit and Stop loss is the same as BB strategy. I also draw a center line between upper and lower line. I find this a lot of times to be better than BB because no matter if you’re long or short as long as you’re going in the same direction as price you can clearly see when price breaks the upper and lower line.
There you have it
Gp

Always enjoy reading your posts Gp – you’re a great source of help & information at all this.

Thank you. I’ve found posting is a great way to not only try to make it a little easier for new ones or the ones that are not so new, but want to change or tweak their approach, it’s also a great way (for me anyway) to reinforce what I’ve learned.

Trading is a tough business and worse a tough business that at first glance looks easy. Truth is you have to be always ready to learn and reinforce the things you have already learned. An easy way to do that is to post and read other traders post. Example. Pipmehappy posted a video last week that he had watched. I respect his knowledge so I also went through the video. And what do you know, I got reinforcement in my beliefs that you have to bring your A game every time you trade and that is a hard thing to do every minute you’re trading. On the video there are other traders confirming my beliefs.

Any how thank you again
Gp

And down we continue… About 225 pips from the top shown in the previous screenshot above…

A great day for FTSE100 shorts :))

Conversely, it has been a slow but positive day for the Pound… especially against the Swiss Franc…

:slight_smile:

Absolutely… Told you so ;p

No, it was just luck, dirty good luck :slight_smile:

Impressive, GP0053!!

Here are GBP/CHF and GBP/JPY on 1h chart today:

I had forgotten my chart etiquette. I am long GBP/JPY and short USD/CAD on an intraday move.

FxPro GBPJPY h1 Rmdwn | cTrader Bought GBP for a 5th wave.

FxPro USDCAD h1 fmdwn | cTrader Sold USD on a limit order on a 5th wave completion.

Volume has been quite misleading as there is only HFT volume in the market so it is quite low. Waiting for the institutional money. Licking their wounds or pruning themselves depending on where on the order flow they where.

Thanks GP00 for that insight into the range. It makes perfect sense. Indicators always do well with ranging especially CCI and Stochastic. Thank you for the input.

Thank you!! Agreed…GBP/USD volume yesterday was inconclusive for me…

:slight_smile:

By the way, episode two of that BBC series is on YouTube…
Traders Millions By The Minute | Season 1 Episode 2…: Traders Millions By The Minute | Season 1 Episode 2 | Full Episode - YouTube

You read my mind I was just about to shower and head for BBC Iplayer, having spent this week at home with my little boy, it is a pleasure watching him give my wife the run around before bed. :slight_smile:

At first I didn’t think Episode 2 was as good as one, but after listening to it again, like episode 1 it’s a great video if you’re a retail trader and wondering what am I doing and where can I go. They demonstrate the same things all retail traders go through. . It was still great reference. I have a sentence from episode one, right at the top of my pre-trade check list " You need to bring your A game every time you trade; don’t have it? not feeling it? Don’t trade today.

I agree with emeraldorc, [I]" Volume has been quite misleading as there is only HFT volume in the market so it is quite low. Waiting for the institutional money. Licking their wounds or pruning themselves depending on where on the order flow they where."[/I]

As I was reminded in episode one of above video series, sometimes we mistakenly assume that all institutional traders are going the same way. But if you take 15 institutional traders you’d find 5 lose; 5 win; and 5 don’t trade. Maybe over simplified but the idea is true. We have to keep our eyes on the institutional money and remember the 4 phases are always the same order and continuous. Sometimes it’s easier to spot than others.

Thanks for the You tube video. I have a spare time to watch this so I am starting to watch this right now… so far, I only see 2 women traders :frowning: sad face…

Oh wait nope… There’s a few more :slight_smile:

Oh and there’s some eye-candy for you too (the trader in the gym) :wink:

Haha! You cracked me out! I guess I have to really, like really focus on this thing ** looking for the fast-forward button** :slight_smile:

Anybody looking for rent money? Nice short setting up on 30 minute time frame NZDUSD. Closing in on 50% fibo level, price is below 62 and 24 EMA’s. No major calendar events
1 minute is for illustration purposes.

Running intraday with the MFI needed something to summarize volume activity and momentum. I see you have it on that guy is magic for spotting divergence especially in a correction. I did tweak it to filter the noise.

NZD was great overnight… The Royal Bank of New Zealand Governor (Wheeler) not only talked down,

yet again, the Kiwi dollar, but also inferred that he may take action (e.g. Q.E. or other intervention)…

My AUD/NZD long and NZD/JPY short are finally falling into place… Thank you, Guvn’r!

GP00053: did you re-trade that NZD/USD short or keep the previous one running?

Great stuff!

GBP/NZD shot up immensely, and so did EUR/NZD…

Let it run and closed it in profit. However on the wrong side of gpbusd today. Violated one of my rules not entering after a economic announcement for 30 minutes and got penalized. :17: Oh well tomorrow’s another day. Good Luck everyone

I agree there is always a new day. I did well on my Aussie shorts.

Got hammered on my GBP/NOK totally wrong side of the flow but was hedged from GBP/USD upside trade so no real pain. So it has been an eventful week. Short intraday USD/NOK, brought my A game today in the words of our retail trader so no mistakes I hope.