A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

Hem true, perhaps 5min tf is too fast for me. It is

where do you refer to that information on a daily basis Jason?
any links you could share please?

Handbells are great! Nobody should disrespect handbellers! Somebody has to open the floor at NYSE!

:slight_smile:

This interview with a futures trader using volume may be of interest:

@FuturesTrader71Interview - Chat With Traders Podcast Episode 037 - Investing Shortcuts.com

It’s my pleasure, Corpellan :slight_smile:

Here are the options data from the CME: British Pound Option (American) (GBP/USD) Quotes - CME Group

Try looking at different expirations and notice how the Put volume is highest at key support levels while Call volume is highest at key resistance levels.

Such data can be used to confirm the support and resistance levels you identify on charts or for automated strategies which is what I do.

ANYONE DISRESPECTING HANDBELLERS HAS TO ANSWER TO ME! :mad:

Well Cable is posting a lot of 5th wave volume now, so you you know the bottom is close. The where is the key.

Bumping up this excellent thread (which should be a sticky)!

Four out of the last six trading days in Pound futures (contracts expiring in Sep.2016) had net-buying volume, with an initial three-day surge lifting Cable up from below 1.30:

Here is a good example of fading (sell) volume with a matching fade in the trading range on the chart:

This Silver futures chart (contracts expiring in Sep.2016)
shows how the recent turn from $20 may be temporary.

Confirmation through sell price and size of bearish bars (open to close) is needed before a bear move is confirmed.

A good example of a possible sell trap / consolidation.

May the Volume be with you :slight_smile:

I have just now posted my thoughts on Kiwi and volume today, on another thread:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/74257-gbp-nzd-moving-slow-today-why-144.html

Hello peeps!

Continuing the good work on this volume thread, by adding my evidence of

strong volume-price correlation in the move made today by the Kiwi-Dollar,

as shown here on this Sep.2016 Futures chart for Kiwi, 60m chart:

You can clearly see the bar of the NFPs release with a huge red volume spike,

driving NZD/USD down from above 0.72 all the way down to nearly 0.71…

A huge move with continuation after the first hour from the NFPs release, and

with plenty of sell volume behind it.

With RBNZ’s rate decision next Wednesday, this pair is poised for either

a break below 0.71 and a test/break of the big round number 0.70, or

a bounce back above 0.72.

Good to see you posting emeraldorc, thought the trolls had driven you away.

Lol! Not likely, just been a bit busy with trading and business, so I don’t have a lot of time but I am always happy to contribute to this amazing community.

That’s quite interesting Pip. I am very Bullish on the Kiwi and the reason is, commodity markets. The KIwi correlates with the Aussie and that correlates with Coffee because of the Com Doll relationship. Coffee is around $140/lb after trading up to $148/lb. There is likely to be a shortage in fresh Coffee, the El Nino effect seems to have altered climate in S/America.

This prospect of higher commodity prices into next year means the Kiwi and Aussie are starting to benefit. The balance of trade also posted a surplus and with Oil production and exports up, we can see some commercial demand for Kiwi, so speculators naturally should want to be long ahead of any FED moves as well. Here is a post I made a while back on Coffee on trading view, everyone thought I was nuts calling it to those highs.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/KC2!/B0zuW3Yi-Sweet-Coffee-Set-For-Shortage-And-higher-Prices/

Good analysis, Emerald!

Thank you for this insight…

I just follow Dairy as the main influence on NZD, therefore tomorrow’s Global Dairy Trade

auction is what I will be watching, as I do every fortnight… Wheeler cares very much for

dairy farming, which is why I follow this closely… To be honest, I do not think I could start

watching Coffee too… :slight_smile:

Hello peeps!

Here is a good example of VPA (volume-price analysis) showing this morning’s Pound rally backed by

very strong buy volume in the Pound Futures (Sep. 2016 expiration) contracts:

The 9am-9.59am candle on this hourly chart shows how volume went up like a bullet,

and price responded accordingly, pushing up about 100 pips; when price and volume

mirror each other so perfectly, this is a genuine move, according to Wyckoff.

PS: here is the data that triggered the Pound buy this morning…

(Data courtesy of Investing.com)

Screenshot from Commoditycharts.com shows the daily chart from the Kiwi futures with Sep. 2016 expiration: the last red candle on the right is from today and price made a strong move south, finally breaking 0.73.

This is a good example of a strong price move backed by strong volume…

Hey all, hope we are all well? It is certainly not a bad time to Bullish on Oil for $60 a barrel in future. Bear in mind this is likely a longer term correction and I don’t expect the long long term picture to remain bullish. Be on your guard.

The intraday picture yesterday reflects the overall sentiment. Bear in mind, we are likely to see some liquidation today seeing the new buyers in the early US atlantic session are still in, there has also been no liquidation from early Asia, which I expect to come at some time in Europe or we must brace for a big US session (Price drop). All said Dollar Index is poised for 98.06 bid, Gold is already struggling to trade Asian highs all though I suspect we will get them at some point before the sell off. Happy trading guys.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/TP5SQ4G5/

This is an excellent thread and I feel like it should remain visible!