A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

This is what I’m trading today after looking at recaps from London and NY open I’m trading Short. Lime and Magenta are support and resistance areas, more stars stronger the SorR. From there: Red is Stop, Green is Entry, Gold is profit targets, Blue is where I drew a fib retracement to confirm, as well I used Simple volume and Volume Rate of Change indicators to confirm Volume Spread Analysis.I plotted this based on 30 minute time frame, but the picture is the 5 to see the levels clearly.

Hello gp00053… I like the stars system to indicate S/R strength (I use line thickness instead).

So you are banking on Euro going up… I wonder if it will go up or down tomorrow…

How will the market read any Draghi comments?

:S

No sir, I’m short on eurusd today. This is my 30 minute default or my snap shot from there I analyze and build. I will be short until volume tells me time to get out and start all over. Good thing I love doing this

Anna Coulling would be proud!

Good luck!

:59: Thank you my friend you as well.

Hi Guys, excuse my absence.

I am working on a project that takes me into the office. So I haven’t traded at all. I was just about to access my feed to see this weeks events.

How’s everyone’s week been?

GBP/USD made that journey above 1.7062 eventually to that 1.7100 area.

Tell me you guys made some good pips? I missed all the action. Well I am off market for another 6 months. So I will just keep track of what is happening and say hi Every Saturday.

Hi Emerald…I stuck a big order on one trade and will have to wait closing that until I can do anything else… Will you be unable to trade at all in the next six months?

I could trade but it won’t have my full attention and in this choppy market you must be on the ball. Otherwise I will be just giving away cash to the market.

So I will wait till I get a break, which is normally a few months and I can be back on the wagon. Like always say trading is business and it is hard to do part time.

I feel your words, each and every one: they ring true to me… I hope your other business will do well…

Hi guys, at last I have some time to myself. I have been studying volume pretty hard and I am beginning to get to grips with it. If you havent already checked out the excellent 5 minute time frame price action strategy thread, I suggest you do so, as it is essentially volume based. 301 Moved Permanently

John Kicklighter, Chief Strategist at DailyFX,
explains volume and the FXCM Real Volume
indicator, using EUR/USD to apply it for trade set-ups:

Don’t like it at all. Beating about a bush, not much valuable information…

Took this trade gbpusd 30 minute time frame. 5 minute time frame for illustration. Gold is Take Profit, Green is Entry, Red is Stop Loss

The plan is to take the trade long and see where it goes through current resistance or bounces to retrace then take the short entry same color scheme. I like this trade because the range between nearest support and resistance areas is 200+ pips. and zero level is a strong resistance area, so either it will go through adding more profit to long of it bounces and retraces to 38+ area to make a nice potential profit on the short. Anyway that’s my thoughts and plan for today

This is a great, short, to the point video that illustrates Supply and Demand and Volume analysis. This video is part of a one hour webinar where he does a number of illustrations from the charts. As usual not vouching for anything else he selling, broker he’s representing; just the video.

This could be one of those
pre trade video to watch to get your mind right. Hope everyone has a great weekend

I’m short on a 30 minute chart NZDUSD. Red is Stop Loss, Green is Entry, Gold is profit

Good call! I made over 130 pips across my three nzd/usd shorts overnight!

Hi guys, I am peeping. I have been watching the market, looked exciting. I have a weeks break for the summer coming up. Should be back trading. :slight_smile:

Yes pip, I am a property broker so I was given an Off market property to sell, my biggest challenge yet, maybe there are some developers in here who may show an interest in a Fitzrovia development (doubt it) but just in case message me. :slight_smile: So my hands are full till I sell it no real time to sit at a computer trade. However I take my summer break so I will be able to trade a little.

I know! trading through my break…

I see Gold is rebounding back to those 1314 highs, it is like replay with support at 1276.

Nice choice.

Today I’m long on USDJPY Gold is take profit, Green is Entry, Red is Stop Loss