A Finance Student from Greece on a Journey to Mastering the Crypto Market

Welcome to another exciting journey into the world of trading with our forum member @kyrkar, a versatile trader whose life is as dynamic as his trading strategies!

He is a 28-year-old student from Greece making a name for himself in the financial world. His interests extend far beyond numbers and charts. You’ll also find him composing melodies, performing magic tricks, working out at the gym, reading books, or fully enjoying the art of trading.

Kyrkar’s trading journey demonstrates how hard work and new ideas pay off. He has created a strategy combining Alex Elder’s multi-time frame analysis with Al Brooks’ 20 EMA method. Through meticulous backtesting and months of forward testing, Kyrkar feels confident it gives him an advantage.

With a passionate heart and an experienced mind, Kyrkar stands as an inspiration for traders seeking success, growth, and fulfilment in every trade. Let’s get to know him as he navigates through the markets, infusing magic into every move!

Without further ado, we welcome you, @kyrkar!

1. Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? What are your hobbies, interests, favorites?

Hi! My name is Kyriakos and I am from Greece. I am 28 years old and I am a Finance student with 2 semesters left to graduate. My hobbies include playing and composing music, doing magic tricks, working out, reading and of course trading!

2. How do you balance your trading activities with your personal life?

I happen to have a lot of free time since I don’t have another job. I have a few friends I hang out with. This means I can and am willing to devote more time to trading!

3. What’s your trading strategy and how did you come up with it?

My strategy came about after several failed backtests. I combined Alex Elder’s multi-time frame analysis together with Al Brooks 20 EMA. I then wait for reversals that go in the direction of the trend. After many months of forward testing, I can say I am confident I have an edge!

4. What’s been your most memorable trading day so far? What happened?

I would say one of my best trades was 10 R profit but that was before I used to take profit orders!

5. How do you define success when it comes to trading?

I’d say success is wealth defined as how many days you can go without working if you quit your job now! The more you can survive the more successful you are!

6. Do you have a favorite trading book, podcast, youtube channel, or website that has had a significant impact on your life or trading journey?

The New Trading for a Living by Alex Elder is maybe one of the best books I have read including other books by Elder. I have also enjoyed Al Brooks trading course. It has a lot of content that could take months to get through it all!

7. What has been your experience with cryptocurrency and are you optimistic about its future?

I trade crypto all the time. It is my favourite instrument. All my forward testing was based around crypto so I am very familiar with it. I don’t have an opinion long term because I day trade. I go long or short all the time!

8. What’s the best part about being a trader?

The process as well as the rewards are great. Your mind is stimulated when trading. Lifelong learning is part of trading. Never settle!

9. If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?

I spent a lot of my adulthood reading books about trading as well as technical analysis. I would have advised to get into demo trading sooner to gain experience from a younger age.

10. Do you have any favorite quotes or mantras that inspire you, both in trading and in life?

I’d say my favourite quote is: Bulls can make money… bears can make money… but the pigs get slaughtered.

8 Likes

It’s really very interesting! Thank you very much, @kyrkar (and @Jess)! I had been reading your posts and “wondering who you are”. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

A great read. Thankyou for sharing your experience.

1 Like

I’ve never heard that one before!

Thanks for the interview!

2 Likes

@kyrkar What makes a trader a pig?

Great read. Wish you success in your trading.

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to learning more from your experiences!

Fan of Brooks, but haven’t heard of Elder. I’ll have a look at him.

Thank you for sharing your journey here.

That’s a very diverse list of hobbies! :blush: Haha. Thanks for the great read and good luck on your remaining semesters Kyrkar! :blush:

Thanks for sharing your journey, @kyrkar!

Being able to do magic tricks sounds like a good skill when it comes to trading :grinning:

As per google:
“Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered” is an old investment industry saying that warns against being excessively greedy.

1 Like

I haven’t seen Kyrkar posting here lately. I hope he’s still around!