A Free Trading Journal Spreadsheet for new Traders. I thought this will help you

Get it here
I strongly encourage you to customize this template to work for you even better. For example, you may decide to add other columns, such as:

Trading system/strategy: if you have different trading systems that you’re using you can add a column to indicate this. Then when you’re reviewing your trades you can sort them by the trading system to see the results for different strategies.
Account: I like to manage multiple accounts from this spreadsheet. So if that’s the case for you, just add a column to help you specify which account the trade belongs to.

• Entry/Exit date: When I close my trades, I move them to another sheet and indicate the entry and exit date (as provided by my broker). This can be helpful for seeing when money is tied up for long periods of time, which can help you adjust your trading system to be more efficient.
    R multiple: If you are using a concept like [R-Multiples] to track your risk, you can add a column equal to your risk ®, divided by your open profit/loss. This will help you see the R-multiple of the current trade.

Hi Adnan,

I did not see the link at the top of your post. I don’t wish to request access to a Google site containing this sheet in case it compromises my security. If possible, can you provide it as an attachment?

3 Likes

How about a screenshot so we can preview it?

I used to use a word doc, but now I use a spreadsheet.

I went thru several different modifications.

I’m always trying to see what’s more convenient for me.

I’d like to see what you’re working with.

1 Like

Yeah I agree - a screenshot would help!

1 Like

Journal spreadsheet link not found. To follow the perfect plan, it is very important to manage the journal. In this way, education can be made from Mistakes.

2 Likes

Plans are an important part of trading. If the trader tries to trade without a plan, he will never be able to make a profit. For this, it is necessary to manage the journal.

1 Like

Link is not there, can you share it.

1 Like

Due to an error, there was an external privacy change that caused you to wait. I apologize for that. I have updated the file link.

Please Check it out now

managing a Journal is most important factor in trading

I have updated the file link. Please check it out

1 Like

I’m curious what kind of journal you’re using.

Sounds like a helpful journal.

Screen shoot for you.

Perfect. I can see the link now too. Thank you so much for sharing! Quick q, how do you fill in the Max Loss value?

Ah nvm it’s based on the SL!

Thanks for the info.

There is a spreadsheet but it is not managed properly. That’s why I wanted a complete sheet.