A game-changer --- but, not yet ready for prime-time

Toshiba develops super-fast forex-trading computer

They say the computer can immediately identify the most profitable currency pairs from a vast field with an accuracy of more than 90 percent. Orders can be placed within one-millionth of a second.

The Nikkei index used Artificial Intelligence to come up with a prediction for the JPY-USD Exchange rate. The results were quite startling as the AI bot was extremely accurate and much more to the point than the result achieved by a top analyst.

Other studies have shown that AI can predict correct values around 80% of the time over a week. Including the potential to predict volatility and how many traders will be able to make their decisions with a formulated idea on what the markets will look like.

Excerpts - Artificial Intelligence & Forex Trading I Technology and Trading - Osprey FX

Honestly I wouldn’t believe in that matter anyway. I simply hope it will not get much better anyway with something like that. All AI tries I have seen for now was completely and totally failed anyway for many many reasons out there. It should also fails LOL

There are several individuals and funds working on developing Machine Learning based trading software. There are also a myriad Python libraries available for free (open source) that can be used if you have a background in ML and Python programming. It’s a fascinating field.

The new crop of ML trading software is based on Reinforcement Machine Learning (a type of Artificial Intelligence algorithm) in which the developer describes the environment, provides the rules of the system and indicates what the goals are to be achieved. Thereafter, as raw unlabeled data is fed into the system, the AI engine tries various combinations and actions and learns from each of them as it goes along. There is no supervision provided to the software. It continuously improves by itself. Many have claimed that their trading software outperforms humans and while some of these claims may well be true, but their software is not commercially available to retail traders so there is no way to verify their claims first hand.

Reinforcement ML is used in computer games, self driving automobiles and various other applications. A famous example of RML was the AlphaGo software that beat the world’s best Go player. AlphaGo was developed by a UK company called Deep Mind. I believe that Deep Mind invented the concept of Reinforcement Learning or Deep-Q Learning as it is sometimes called.

This was good info. Thanks for sharing!

Wondering how in the world to get my hands on such tech! :slight_smile:

Thanks. Where can I get the latest AI development technologies and programming techniques? And in what programming languages can they implement potentially?

Tnx and best of luck

I think I am going to learn PyTorch

https://pytorch.org/tutorials/beginner/basics/intro.html

1 Like

Hiya @enickma

Thanks. The issue I’m experiencing is numerous amount of programming languages and frameworks available in these concepts of AI/ML in the market. I want to use AI and ML in trading Spot Forex but as there are numerous AI/ML programming languages and frameworks available but the issue is with connecting these to a prime broker’s Platform-based-API or FIX-API or both? Thus not unless these PyTorch have compatibility to be called inside a prime free/proprietary trading platform that is broker-neutral, it would be a waste of my time investing with PyTorch unless you find a way to bring this as a compatible live analysis inside one of prime free/proprietary trading platforms that are broker-neutral and connect it to prime broker’s Platform-based-API or FIX-API or both, there is no reason for me to learn these many useless stacks of programming languages if you know what I mean?

I like your idea in finding AI/ML programming language, but not unless there is a possibility to bring this into a prime free/proprietary trading platform that is broker-neutral and connect it to prime broker’s Platform-based-API or FIX-API or both, there would be no reason for me to invest time on these.

If possible please research if there is a possibility to connect either of these AI/ML programming languages into a prime free/proprietary trading platform that is broker-neutral and connect it to prime broker’s Platform-based-API or FIX-API or both then I decide for planning for afterward?

Tnx and best of luck :blush:

Technology is growing and here good news from Toshiba. Thanks to share such a helpful post, keep sharing more knowledgeable content.