A glimpse into a Playbook

Citigroup reports earnings tomorrow. That’s always a big deal. Just mentioning.

1 Like

Yes most banks and financial institutions report next week. I expect them to have good numbers to show. This will be the continuation stimuly for the prevailing up trend to continue further. At friday we willsee what happened this week.

Winners and losers are counted at the end.

By the way:

I was thinking about your thread last night and this morning (just been busy with something else so didn’t post).

I don’t know what your capital balance is (and I’m not asking what it is either). But unless it’s pretty serious money: do you not think that those profit and loss swings are pretty wide???

This account is a play account with throw away money. My capital base is pretry solid.

Any “operation” in this account did never exeeded a 10% risk to this account. And less than 0.1% to my capital base.

Edit:

• now im not risking my money anymore. Only 14k of those 35k, which its now, are mine. So lots of buffer.

Fair enough.

I’m just different in this respect though I have to say. I see a lot times where people go balls to the wall (and not saying this is what you are doing i.e. just saying) once they are in a position where their capital is no longer at risk. All good and well I suppose. But what if they end up at break even on capital and then incur another string of losses to boot. Kinda like starting all over again but from a lower base. The concept has never quite sat right with me. But I suppose it depends on a person’s reasons for being in this business and their personal circumstances.

Thats what seperates the experienced from inexperienced ones.

Never lose a position of power.

Losses occur in bad environment. Experienced have the arse to sit out bad environment times. Sit on their hands and do nothing. Inexperienced will try to make winners in losing times. Thats not how it works.

Make a lot in good times, lose little in bad times.

Thats a formular working for all aspects of business life, not only financials.

1 Like

China reported slightly better than expect. No opportunities here to grab.

That was like twelve hours ago give or take!!!

Are you starting to become like the supposed analysts on here that post with absolute certainty what happened YESTERDAY??? LOL!!!

no, just woke up half a hour ago :drooling_face:overslept :sleeping:

posted that the event wasnt as anticipated, so the entire plan wasnt possible to execute

Outch

trump tweets crap

Nothing special.

Looking fir the right direction into the good movers. Didnt find one yet so only misstrades.

But my misstrades usually are of profit nature as well. Small profits, sure, but better than losses.

Week is over. Friday usually a useless day unless you already are in positions. I didnt manage to find any good entrees even thou there were good trends. I blame my jerking around on forum instead if focusing on work.