A list of reputable Brokers that accept Canadian residents

Up to date at the time of writing. Find something out of date? Let me know.

What do I mean by reputable? At least 2.5 stars with 100 reviews on ForexPeaceArmy and in operation over 3 years. Have a better definition? Offer it.
I make no representation about and have no affiliation with any of these organizations.
Did I leave a broker out? Add it.
Order is alphabetical.

Also note: Some brokers have rules about specific provinces in Canada. I’ve tried to include those when I know about them but feel free to add to this.

Blueberry markets Will not take BC, ON, or QC residents.
Blueberry Markets Group is a trading name of Eightcap Pty Ltd (ABN 73 139 495 944). Eightcap is regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC

Dukascopy Dukascopy Europe IBS AS is an EU licensed investment brokerage company based in Riga, Latvia, regulated by the Financial and Capital Market Commission of Latvia (FCMC). Although their site says they don’t solicit Canadian residents they will take them under the European branch - I think, not the Japanese one - please correct if I’m mistaken.

FXChoice FX Choice Limited is authorised and regulated by the IFSC (Licence number: IFSC/60/191/TS/18) (in Belize)

FXTM Will not take AB, BC, SK or QC residents. ForexTime Limited (www.forextime.com/eu) is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission with CIF license number 185/12, licensed by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) of South Africa, with FSP No. 46614. The company is also registered with the Financial Conduct Authority of the UK with number 600475. ForexTime UK Limited (www.forextime.com/uk) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with license number 777911.

Global Prime Global Prime Pty Ltd, ABN 74 146 086 017, Global Prime holds an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) to carry on financial services business in Australia, limited to the financial services covered by its AFSL no.385620.

Go Markets GO Markets is authorised to operate a financial services business in Australia, under its Australian Financial Services Licence.
As an OTC derivative provider, GO Markets is required to adhere to key disclosure benchmarks set out by our corporate regulator, the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (“ASIC”).

Oanda Will not take AB residents.
OANDA (Canada) Corporation ULC accounts are available to anyone with a Canadian bank account. OANDA (Canada) Corporation ULC is regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC),

OctaFX Business license no. 19776 IBC 2011 Registered address: Suite 305, Griffith Corporate Centre, Beachmont, Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Tradeview Forex Tradeview LTD is a fully registered Broker/Dealer under the regulations of the Cayman Island Monetary Authority (CIMA)

XTB XTB International Limited (XTB) is authorised and regulated by the International Financial Services Commission in Belize. (IFSC License No.: IFSC/60/413/TS/17.)

1 Like

Adding TradersWay to this list although they are registered in Dominica and are clearly unregulated.

BlueBerry Markets are no longer providing services to Canadians. Help us, the Canadian regulators will eventually stop all Canadians from trading. :roll_eyes:

I am adding NordFX to this list. I have no idea how I missed them the first time. “NordFX is an international broker with over 10 years of experience in financial markets. Since 2008, the company has been awarded more than 50 prestigious professional awards. The number of accounts opened in NordFX by clients from almost 190 countries has exceeded 1,250,000 as of today.” Registered in Vanuatu (maybe)?

1 Like

FXTM no longer accepts Canadians.

I’ll add HugosWay to this list with 3/5 on FPA but they are registered in St. Vincent and the Grenadines and are unregulated.

Based on personal experiences I can no longer recommend Tradview Forex. However they continue to receive positive reviews on FPA. You can see my review of Tradeview over on FPA under my username.

I am going to add Coinexx to this list. They are based in the Seychelles and are unregulated (by choice, they claim) but have maintained good reviews since 2017. Be careful not to confuse them with some similar outfits and even one impostor. The website is coinexx.com.

I am going to add Turnkey FX to the list. They have very good ratings on FPA, and have been in business for at least five years. They are however, unregulated and based in Mauritius.

I am also going to add LMFX. They are based in Macedonia and are also unregulated.

I am also going to add LQDFX. They are based in the Marshall Islands and are also unregulated.

This adds three of the longest-running brokers on the US list (Search for ‘Going Offshore to Escape the CFTC’ on this forum) to the list. They are however, all unregulated, which just seems to be par for the course for North Americans who want to trade FX.

I have often said it’s not regulation which makes a broker trustworthy, it’s reputation, which is why I will never trade with FXCM, Saxo Bank, or any other broker with a history of scandal no matter how much they claim to have reformed or changed management. You can lose your money with a regulated broker just as easily as with an unregulated broker, the only difference is you have fewer channels of recourse, but the odds of recovering lost funds with any broker are unrealistic.