A Noobs Journal - time to give this a shot

USDJPY is moving up. Big push towards 158? Hopefully yesterday’s high turn to support and we keep moving up.

3 losers, 2 winners.

Had a nice 50 pip winner on GBPJPY but not enough size. And a 25 winner on a USDJPY long.

But the losers got me again. Average size is too big. This is where a fixed stop would help minimize the loss, but I think that wouldn’t give me enough breathing room.

Back to the drawing board.

1 Like

Last 7 days, 4 winners, 6 losers.

Winners of 26 pips, 44 pips, 28pips and 10 pips. 108 pips won.

Losers of 30 pips, 26 pips, 21 pips 15 pips, 22 pips and 35 pips. 149 pips lost.

Average win 27 pips
Average loss 24.80 pips

4 loser trades were actually profitable before turning around for losers, anywhere from 7 to 35 pips.

I’m thinking my stops are too tight. I’m using market structure, but looks like I need to go farther maybe to the next swing high/low.

1 Like

Ha, two trades today. 1 winner, 1 loser. Net 1.2 pips profit! Ha!

30.2 pip winner, 29 pip loser.

Still trading on USDJPY and GBPJPY. Forever and always. Might need to venture out to some pairs maybe.

Also investigating a ton of different indicators. I have 3 different tabs on TV set up with different combos. Still trying to figure out the best mix.

2 Likes

I’ve reached a milestone. Finally out of my USDJPY trade that I was “stuck” in because like an idiot in opened a long right at the top the day BOJ/MOF decided on some intervention.

I took some profits on the way back up, plenty of losses on the way down but now I’m out completely. It took a giant 5m candle this morning to end the misery. But I already feel better. Clean slate.

Down 1.5% last week.

1 Like

Okay, last week up 3%. 7 trades, all winners,148 pips. Great week. Traded mainly GBP pairs.

If only all weeks can be that good! I can’t put my finger on what exactly when so great. Maybe sticking to the plan, not jumping in emotionally. I also found a couple indicators on volume (buyers v sellers) and started using MACD too.

So overall really good.

So far this week, two small losers. I think with the holiday, maybe I’ll just sit out this week. We’ll see.

1 Like

Not a great week last week at all. String of 5 losers that I held way too long. Got distracted and wide SLs got hit. Which means analysis was off. 1 trade was completely emotional. Yup it still happens. Turned into a loser that I didn’t want to grow too big.

Last week is a week that flips you up side down and makes you want to scream!

1 Like

I caught a huge move on USDJPY for once. I got in on the “intervention” and bagged 191 pips. Entered short at 160.09 and exited at 158.18. Huge win,

Might be time to get in on additional JPY shorts. What do you guys think?

Anyway, last 2 weeks, 50% win rate over 12 trades, but up 8%! All wins came on either USDJPY or EURJPY. The one USDJPY short obviously helped bigly on the overall account gains.

1 Like