A Noobs Journal - time to give this a shot

So my EURUSD trade is a complete bust. Hoping it will turn around. Price has been ranging in the same 10 pips for 8 hours. 121 pips up has to come down at some point, right?

i did mange to I guess hedge a bit and won 4 trades, one on EURJPY, and 3 on AUDUSD. Those combine to about 1/3 of what I’m down on EURUSD, but 4 wins out of 5 is great. The only problem is the loser (still open btw) is a biggie.

I’m in a slump. I got two trades open, a AUDUSD short and GBPUSD short.

GBPUSD is at the bottom of a channel I’ve drawn up, that it rejected several times last week. The last 7-8 hours have been about the same

AUDUSD is the same, sitting at/above a horizontal trend line I have at 0.6712. Hasn’t done much since breaking through that level at 9AM this morning.

So hoping USD picks up tomorrow. Some news in the markets in the morning should get things moving, hopefully in my direction.

@samewise
I like Aud/USD short too. Looking at D1 and W1. Looks like 500 pips available.

Awesome, I’m not going crazy! Just need to work on my entries! Do you wait for the move to get started a bit before entering? Or would you be in already?

@samewise

Personally, I think now is a good time to enter. Right at the top of the green daily candle.

Since I cost average, I don’t care if there’s another green candle before it makes the down move so I use small entry sizes.

Doesn’t hurt that it’s close to the 200 ema either.

Hey thanks for the analysis! Big time help to get another traders take.

@samewise

Fingers crossed, right :grinning:

1 Like

Well well, the only red I see in TV is for GBPUSD, AUDUST and NZDUSD. Two of my shorts. I know i know, it’s early. But things are looking positive. I mean negative!

Im stuck in 3 AUDUSD shorts. I’m down many many pips, but… it’s only a “loser” if I close. I know, that’s a bad way to run. Actually, one trade just turned green, barely.

Price is at the top of the range, and I hope it’s ready to come down already. But USD needs to move up for that to happen! Maybe tomorrow is the day!

So 2 out 4 trades on AUDUSD were in profit, with the recent reversal. The other 2 are still down pretty big, but I’ll keep those open as price is starting to move in the right direction.

While I had those running, I had 4 open USDJPY trades, that I’ve now closed, 3 small losers hitting SLs, and a small winner hitting TP.

I’m definitely getting better with adding my stops and TPs, rather than letting trades run wild.

I’m currently watching GBPUSD and USDJPY. I’m tempted to also go short on AUDUSD, as price has broken through a recent support area. We’ll see.

Still in my AUDUSD trade, which seems like forever. Still waiting for it to turn my way, which seems unlikely right now with the dollar stinking. But I survived 3 open trades and have I left open. Currently down 121 pips.

WOW, crazy candles on NZD and AUD pairs!

I’m down almost 200 pips now. :cry:

ouch - i know it’s no consolation, but i really do think you’ve been terribly unlucky, here :thinking:

i’m hoping this is still the same account as originally specified, which you started off with $30, so there’s no real financial damage, but maybe some valuable learning curve? :wink:

and wishing you better luck, also!!

It’s a trade I’ve been in for weeks. I finally closed 2 other trades in profit on the same pair. Learned my lesson and I set a stop on every trade now.

Should I just bite the bullet and close for a loss you think?

I actually graduated to a $500 account. I had it up above $750, but had some big losers recently. Still above $500 though which I guess is a small accomplishment.

2 Likes

indeed - and maybe not so “small” :slight_smile:

happy to hear that part, anyway!

sorry, honestly, i have no idea, it would be a complete 50/50 guess from me, and that doesn’t help at all? have you asked AT what he would do?

personally, if i didn’t care much about the money, i’d probably be inclined to ride it out, but if i did, i’d probably cut the loss, but that’s all about risk-management not about which way i think the aud/usd might move! sorry, no help at all, i know …

(i’ll level with you: my original interest in that thread of AT’s was because i used to trade something similar to the original system with which the thread started off - i used a simple moving average channel and a faster EMA - i got lucky with it for a while but it had no edge really - but all the other stuff in that thread gives me true anxiety because i think it involves adding to losers?!? i know people call it “averaging down” and “dollar cost averaging” to try to conceal what’s going on, but they’re actually adding to losers, something i will just never do … i’m not criticising, different things suit different people, and AT seems to be doing really well, i know!)

1 Like

Wow, what a difference in how we trade? When I have $100 in my account my profit target is only $0.30 per trade, lol.

2 Likes

i’m with Goaty over that point …

i meant to say, when you built up from $500 to $750, that shows hugely different position-sizing from anything i ever do!

No, this is good to hear and what I was thinking too. I tried adding to losers in the past, I guess the thinking there is that it will turn. But some of them have like 10 and 20 positions open. They’re definitely smaller than a normal trade, but I think that’s too much stress for me. And adding to losers, even more stress!

2 Likes