A picture is worth

Dude, it’s EARLY for wildfires. Wish you good things in dealing with it!

Of course I’m saying that from a town that had two extremely unusual winter brush fires this year that managed to destroy over 40 homes between them.

This was January 20th or so.

That burnt a seven mile or so swath of land that included 3 rural subdivisions. Driving through there, it’s amazing the fire department could have saved anything. They saved most of the houses somehow. You can see singed eaves, melted vinyl windows, all sorts of ominous reminders of how lucky the still standing houses were. The burn lines go right up to the houses, soot things up on the walls, and stop.

Amazing.

Yep what the firefighters did last year was incredible. Just wish I could have given all the money I paid in to homeowners insurance straight to the people that put there ass on the line to save mine. But at least they know if there hungry they will never pay to eat in my town. We support our local restaurants and they support all our firefighters no matter where they are from. Seems like a small price to pay if you ask me.

It’s strange how we tend to forget the different challenges faced by different people in different climates. Here’s me constantly moaning about the Scottish rain and all the while you guys are having to contend with fires that can actually destroy a community.

Puts it all in perspective really, and yes bobmaninc, you are right, the fire fighters deserve a whole lot more for the job they do.

Take care guys, I know the travel would be torturous, but if the fire ever takes your home there’s a little part of Scotland that would always be open to you !!

HoG

Makes you think…

One of the world’s nuclear powers demonstrates its technological prowess.

Men use ropes to try to right a supply truck overloaded with wheat straw along a road in Dargai,
in the Malakand district, about 100 miles northwest of Pakistan’s capital Islamabad, on April 13.

(Friday the 13th — that explains it.)

This one killed me gents. Hope it gives you a good laugh too…

----------------- :d

I found this and figured i’d jump in and share… Those of you familiar with Yahoo Answers…

haha, nice one Yunny1. It’s good to see that there is someone else who appreciates soccer here. By the way which team do you support. I’m Red Devils all the way!!

Bring it on, Cat. I’ll clean your clock!

Nice! :cool: I enjoyed the pics. Funny.

that’s just the best pic I’ve seen in a long time!

In every sport — [I][B]involving a ball[/B][/I] — coaches tell players,

“Keep your eye on the ball!”

Maria Sharapova demonstrates.

[B]Evil ball!

How dare you come back into my court?![/B]

Two pics. June 5th transit of the planet Venus across the disk of the sun. It won’t happen again for another 105 years so if you missed… you missed it! This is the best closeup I’ve found. You can see the granularity of the sun’s surface and can even see sunlight shining through the thick upper atmosphere of Venus!

Second picture is an image of a noobie trader’s thought process.

:18: oh brother!

Now that’s confidence! But what I want to know is how did he levitate it up that high to begin with?

If the 4x4’s don’t slip, maybe the arc-welding spark will blow the gas-tank.

This guy has one big ball where his brain should be!

Sitting in that position will give him the backstretch of his life if the truck drops down… but I’m sure he’s well prepared to handle anything life (or gravity) throws at him.

Forever Bicycles

A woman looks at an “art installation” named “Forever Bicycles” by artist Ai Weiwei during a media preview of the “Ai Weiwei Absent” exhibition
at the Taipei Fine Arts Museum. The exhibition features 21 sets of Ai’s works, including installation pieces, photography, sculpture, and videos.

In addition to being a world-famous artist, Ai Weiwei is an outspoken critic of tyranny in China — which places him squarely on the Chinese
government’s Enemies List. My kind of guy. Here’s a recent article, and a link to other photos of Ai and his work.