A picture is worth

(add your own caption)

is that where the Adams family lives?

right there in the sky, a UFO with cloaking device.

Vapor trails in the empty air.

clouds with silver linings

And this one makes me dizzy.

Leapin lizards batman!

Oh Japan…

I can only think of one word. Huh?

The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York, prior to September 11, 2001.

This has been a popular shared picture on my Facebook feed today:

dark clouds with silver linings.

This picture of the Whirlpool Galaxy, also known as M51, won top honors in the Deep Space category and the overall competition
for 2012 Astronomy Photographer of the Year. The picture was entered by British-Australian photographer Martin Pugh.

Here’s what the Royal Observatory says: “This beautifully composed image of the Whirlpool Galaxy combines fine
detail in the spiral arms with the faint tails of light that show its small companion galaxy being gradually torn apart
by the gravity of its giant neighbour. A closer look shows even more distant galaxies visible in the background.”

The northern lights are such a subtle phenomenon that they’re best seen from the countryside, far from city lights,
and that was the case for Jonathan Tucker, who captured the “September Lights” you see above on Sunday night,
near Whitehorse in Canada’s Yukon Territory.

Nice Photo. I thought they were real buildings.

Michael Schumacher, right, collides with Jean-Eric Vergne and Scuderia Toro Rosso during the Formula One Grand Prix of Singapore on Sunday, Sept. 23.

Um, aren’t those round things supposed to stay on the ground?

An attempt at recreating Stradivari’s violin varnish again… good color but a little on the dark side…

hanging on my wall a genuine Manol… now only if he was as famous as Monet!

Saw this “piece of art” on another forum, with the very appropriate tagline “my charts, my experience. read with your own risk!”… How true (!)