A picture is worth

Alternative caption:

время-деньги.

[QUOTE=“Pipsflowfx;480351”]to be honest with you guys, i believe that if forex is ever going to discover a holy grail, it will be something like this i hope i will live to see it[/QUOTE]

} ‘Kinda looks like a physics experiment!’

[QUOTE=“Clint;478891”]

EUR/JPY daily chart 5/19/10 - 4/19/13, with BID price line (dark blue), and 40 moving averages (from SMA-5 to SMA-390)

CHF/JPY daily chart 12/22/11 - 4/22/13, with 40 moving averages (price line removed)

GBP/AUD daily chart 12/22/11 - 4/22/13, with 40 moving averages (price line removed)[/QUOTE]

} ‘Surf’s up!’

‘How did you draw them?’ {

An expert demonstrates the proper way to roll your eyes.

2013 Wimbledon Runner-Up Sabine Lisicki of Germany

Just to put things in perspective…

you are very small…

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes we are.

yeah and that’s only the observable part roughly 46 billion light years radius. The part we can’t observe is much bigger.

“Observing” something 46 billion light years away, means looking back in time 46 billion years. How is that possible, given that the universe is only about 13.7 billion years old?

The universe is expanding and it is an accelerating expansion (google expansion of the universe and Hubble constant and dark energy) cool stuff! While objects in space and light itself can not travel faster than the speed of light that restriction does not apply to ‘space time’ so the universe itself (the distance between galaxies) can expand faster than the speed of light. So while the expansion only started 13.7 bln.yrs. ago the farthest thing we can see is currently 46 bln. lightyrs away because the space between us and those distant objects has expanded that much in that amount of time. Also the expansion is why beyond a certain distance nothing will ever be observable because the light from a galaxy that far away can never reach us.

I have a bet with a guy as to whether the universe is flat and infinite or a finite hypersphere. If it is a sphere then it would be a 3dimensional spherical surface with no inside and no outside. That’s hard to envision mentally but physically it is possible and beginning to look likely.

I’m no expert, I just dabble in this stuff because it’s fascinating

We Euclideans take all that with a grain of salt. But, thanks for the explanation, Dr. Talon.

well since this is a thread about pictures… That Einstein guy… what a joker ! :smiley:

I have a caption for your Einstein picture —

Tell us, Dr. Einstein, what do you think of quantum mechanics?

LOL quantum mechanics use jumper cables.

Pavlov walks into a bar for a beer and as he sits down his phone rings, he jumps up and says “oh crap! I forgot to feed the dog!”

LOL geek jokes!

Some funny images I found

Yo, crayons to draw.

How expensive it is to be Batman?

Nice wallpaper with a cave

Earth is referred to as a ‘water world’ But there is remarkably little water on it when you consider it’s diameter is near 8,000 miles and the average ocean depth is around 2 miles. Suddenly I feel very thirsty…

A lightning storm is pictured over the sea near the capsized cruise liner Costa Concordia
lying surrounded by cranes outside Giglio harbour September 15, 2013. — REUTERS/Tony Gentile