A picture is worth

visit this site for a tour of the universe
An Atlas of The Universe

large scale structure of the visible portion of the universe… at this scale we are beyond microscopic.

There, you see?

We [B]are[/B] the center of the UNIVERSE.

I [B]knew[/B] it!

LOL
What ever happened to the Copernican principle of mediocrity

Since the universe doesn’t have a center there are an infinite number of overlapping spheres of observability

Then, wouldn’t that mean no matter where you are, you’re always in the middle?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly :slight_smile: Just like on the surface of the earth. Where is the center of the surface? It doesn’t have a center. No matter where you are, you are half way around from the other side.

There is some debate on whether the universe is a 3d surface, a finite hypersphere, or if it is flat and infinite. The microwave anisotropy probe gave hints but no firm answer and the newer Plank probe will narrow the possibilities down further, I think it’s results are due out in 2012 if I remember correctly. Of course we all know the world ends in 2012 right? LOL

It’s pretzel-shaped.

It used to be simple and orderly.

But, then, a bunch of smart-aleck scientists twisted it into a pretzel.

That pretzel would have a mobius twist

no wonder I didn’t become a professional scientist… I don’t like pretzels.

Hard dry crunchy burnt salty bread… yuck! LOL

Actually no.

Much sooner.

In fact, right around the corner.

Family Radio (FR) Worldwide - Judgment Day: May 21, 2011

As for the shape of the universe, I like the “flat” idea.
It gives me hope that there will be something to eventually be able to fall off of.

oh my… only 10 more days left? well… so much for my forex trading career!

:59: There’s just nothing quite like stirring up one of these! The old folks say that if you shoot at one, they will fly out and sting you before the bullet hits the nest.

Comet impacts sun

Comet Dive-Bombs Sun During Big Solar Explosion | Comets & Space Weather, Solar Storms | Sun Photos & Comet Photography | Space.com

Space shuttle Endeavor launch as seen from space… So who was taking the picture? Orbiting alien spacecraft of course!

But then a ball shape would be better. Like the earth, where everything is falling apart. Oh, wait … :smiley:

Aliens?

They’re back again?

Are these the same aliens whose unmanned spacecraft crashed on the far side of the moon?

It has just recently been revealed that the purpose of the first U.S. moon landing (Apollo 11 in 1969) was not to gather moon rocks — it was to investigate the crash-site of an alien robot spacecraft.

All of the “live” television coverage of Armstrong and Aldrin on the moon was just part of a big cover-story to conceal the real mission.

Here’s an actual photo of the Apollo 11 lunar lander at the crash-site of the alien craft.

We know this photo is authentic, because Steven Spielberg says so.

Here’s a link to the trailer for his upcoming movie —

collectSPACE - news - “‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ film trailer transforms Apollo history”

fake! you can see the Earth in the background… so that’s not the far side :smiley: No wait! maybe it is real… I see Darth Vader poking his head out from behind one of those rocks.

Hmmmm… I thought the whole thing was faked altogether.

Conspiracies abound, the Dude abides.

Actually, you are correct.

All of the so-called moon-landings were staged in the desert at Area 51 (virtually in your backyard).

It was originally believed that — in order to convincingly fake scenes on the moon — the moon’s gravity (about 1/6 of earth gravity) was simulated, using alien anti-gravity technology obtained from the sole survivor of the Roswell crash.

However, it is now known that the anti-gravity technology used to film the moon-landings was invented by Al Gore,
long before he invented the internet and global warming.

However, it is now known that the anti-gravity technology used to film the moon-landings was invented by Al Gore,
long before he invented the internet and global warming.

LOL what a maroon

Al Gore… I posted his quote in the quotes thread.

Being only 12 miles as the crow flies from the fabled nuclear test site, it’s no wonder the guys at Area 51 get strange stuff pinned on them.

Just by working there, some grew third eyes, lost their hair, and skin pigmentation.

Radiation does strange things to people.

Hmmm Wonder if Al Gore did a few too many tours of the Yucca Mountain project?

Harry Reid did…

Speaking of the test site, it was technically part of Area 51.

I wonder if they shot the moon scenes there?

Lotsa craters for added effect, would have made it easy.

:stuck_out_tongue: