A sure thing.? GBP/USD Analysis

fair comment , like i said i haven’t really factored news into my trading at all but
it doesn’t seem to matter too much. i look at some data, index;s and technical analysis mainly

The only other comment I would make is that I don’t watch Bloomberg any more - You can’t help getting caught up in the “Emotion of it” - It’s “Consensus” - I despise “Consensus” - since “Global warming” and “Fat is bad for you”,etc etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scared-Death-Global-Warming-Costing/dp/0826486142/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1522791866&sr=1-1&keywords=Scared+to+death+booker+north

@Falstaff

Thanks for your thoughts…lol I will keep up my studies.

and give bloomberg a miss also…:alien:

Quite normal, most guys agree with that.

Not so sure that how the market sees it, mostly it is thinking ahead.

The market is like a guy who already has his money, yet he wants more and at the same time wants to keep (protect) what he has - so he is always seeking return on capital (his money).

He hates risk, but he has to embrace it, the wolf is always at the door.

That is what is commonly called ‘news’ - better known as risk.

Ok - :sunglasses:

I think you need to watch Bloomberg for a while - feel how your emotions are being manipulated. Sometimes we need to know what “the opposition is doing” :wink:

Oh And read that book. There is one chapter I have not been able to read - I had young children at the time, - but I may be strong enough now !

Highly recommended !

ATB

F

fair comment , like i said i haven’t really factored news into my trading at all but
it doesn’t seem to matter too much. i look at some data, index;s and technical analysis mainly

You can also subscribe to RANsquawk and LMAX in addition to RANsquawk paid subscription they also offer a free one. LMAX offers email audio notifications than when used with a economic calendar give you an overview if anything big is going on that you should know about. Both cover GBPUSD. Works well with tech analysis.
A little something I learned along my journey is that no matter what or how you analyze everything works sometime; nothing works all the time. When things work you’re a genius; when they don’t you’re can look like an idiot. And opinions are like Aholes. . .everybody has one.
Hope that helps
Gp

Market is consolidating. I would take a step back and wait for a break in either direction. While still bullish, the bearish wedge is beginning to be created which could see the beginning of the fall.