A System that can't Lose

Ok in this chart I’ve written all details in the same chart trying to organise a little bit my mess.:slight_smile: There are other pairs with the same pattern and kind of the same structure so I’m just going to post this one.

I like it!..lol.

And you know what…there’s a bearish gartley to go with it!

Using my timebands indicator and going with Walts ABC pattern TP ratio, where the C wave is >= A wave, I triggered a short order. My stoploss is 20 pips although I will try to move it up to b/e if I can, and t/p is 100 …have to go back and review what Walt said about that. He did say exit if price went against for 2 bars…nope actually it’s move to b/e after 2 bars…ok…2 hours from now we’ll see unless it hits my stop first.

The reason I took the short here and not higher up at the fib convergences is because if I measure the A leg, the C leg falls at the 161.8% extension of A, which is something I’m experimenting with. :wink:

So far +15ish…

:slight_smile:

Well I wasn’t that wrong about wave 5 completion! :wink:

(just a little post for my ego) :cool:

Cool! Now who’s counting the pips! :cool:

Just for curiosity, I’d like to know if your time bands are where mines are. You know I hand draw them and may have them way too different from yours. :slight_smile:

No you weren’t…good eye! :slight_smile:

The timebands I made are not fib based…they’re just counting the pip range and number of bars per wave based on the zigzag indicator.

I can adjust the sensitivity of the zigzag to ignore or pickup minor waves in each swing (wave). So in my example the A wave does have 3 subwaves, but I’m discounting them due to being too sensitive and combining them, so the A wave has 100 pips with 11 bars, and the C wave has 145 pips in 7 bars. So I’m not clear whether it matters if the pip range count or the bar number count of C has to be greater than A, but the pip count in this case clearly is.

So far +25ish pips… :slight_smile:

I count them bar by bar, only the main legs, also ignoring minor retracements, highs to highs, and lows to highs, then the range that overlaps is my timeband.

Right now I have three similar corrections on their way in the Aussie, Cable, and Euro yen.

On Aussie and cable, my time band, and fib time projection and extension, are before the 38.2% of my main fib time retracement. Only in the euro yen they land betwenn the 38.2% and 61.8% fib time retracement range.

I’m not sure if this invalidates the first two, still can’t find an example with such situation.

Anyway congrats on your trade! :slight_smile:

I wasn’t sure if you were referring to the timebands the way I was…I couldn’t see yours on your chart, just the fib time vertical line projections. So does yours match with mine?

Too early for congrats yet…lol…back to +10ish and apparently have to wait for completion of this bar before knowing if I’ll be able to move to b/e. :cool:

Actually yes! My timeband for aud/usd is the area between the green vertical line and the red one. So in this case I guess yes it coincides with yours.

It’s before the 38.2% time retracement, timeband and fib time retracements didn’t overlap.

For euro yen timeband does overlap with the 38.2% -61.8% area.

Oh I and see that you’re now +40? :slight_smile:

Moved stop to b/e …well +5 ;)…and currently +30 ish at the start of this new hour.

So I set a tentative take profit at 100 pips, but Walt didn’t mention setting one. Instead he said this:

1. Exit the trade if an opposing set-up occurs. i.e.
    if long, the market switches to “DOWN” and an "UP"
    ABC occurs signaling a short entry.

2. If long, exit the market if an “upthrust” occurs.
    If short, exit the market if a “Spring” occurs.

An upthrust is when price trades above a previous
peak ( in this case, a high with at least 3 lower
highs preceding it, and at least 3 lower highs following
it.) and then closes below the peak.

A spring is when price trades below a previous trough
(in this case, a low with at least 3 higher lows preceding
it, and at least 3 higher lows following it.) and then closes above the trough.

So I’ll leave the 100 pips for now, but I’ll have to watch for

1. the market switching to “UP” and a "DOWN"
    ABC occurs signaling a long entry or

2. a “Spring”.

:cool:

Great!

Not miner’s swings, but kind of the principles :slight_smile:

Did you choose 100 pips projecting targets?

:slight_smile:

I just chose 100 cause it’s a nice round number…lol. But seriously, many of the prior down swings are over a hundred, so it’s not unreasonable…then again, this was the Asian session :rolleyes:

Walt’s method basically let’s price tell when to close the trade, but perhaps doing some projections would do a better job because letting price decide usually costs pips.

…stopped out at +5 :cool:

Good to know.

Ok now it’s really late for me, I’m going to catch some sleep.

Thanks Sweet Pip for all your help and patience, and for recommending the book!

Even though we are trying “different” strategies (You, Walts’, me, miner’s) the basics are the same so it’s great we can share results.

Good evening to you guys in the other side of the country :slight_smile:

EDIT: Bearish momentum reversal, entry triggered.

NOw the pair has arrived on time to the potential reversal zone, and waiting for a bearish momentum reversal. Kiwi has same conditions. Let’s see if I can attempt an entry.

Good morning :)…I’m in on it again too.

So far +30ish…moved stop to +5…can’t lose now…:smiley:

Cool! Now it’s time to apply the trailing stop rules. I was away from the computer but let me scan trough smaller timeframes to see what I can do about my trade management.

I was stopped out on my firt try :slight_smile:

Ok 15 min chart suggest me to trail my stop for both amounts to the most recent swing high plus 1 pip plus spread (green horizontal line), wich is not yet at Be.

What concerns me here is that price on that timeframe has made textbook 12345EW and ABC correction, :confused:. Well higher timeframe rules :cool:

Oh well…stopped out at +5 again :cool: