A winner on every trade? Is it possible?

Let’s just step into harsh reality for a moment here.

2010 has just ended.

How many traders here has, for the year just passed. 1. Made a profit in excess of $2000. 2. Made a profit in excess of $1000 3. Made a profit in excess of $500 … and how much did you start off as capital.

Hopefully we can get a true picture of just how rosy this business or opportunity really is.

I have just seen a negative figure in his statement.

Is that a losing trade ?

not possible at all.Even if you have 30 years expecience you will always have losers.Come on think about it what does the forex market do these days i think it is like 4 trillion dollars.It’s too big to trade it without losers…the sooner you accept this the better.

HAving siad that if you have a riduclous stop-loss or no stop-loss at all you can go a while without any losers because you stay in the trade until it becomes a winner.Sounds kinda stupid but there are systems like that on the market

Yes very true. It makes me a bit more comfortable seeing that he does have a losing trade although it was only $2.73

Look again.

The -$2.73 looks like it was a swap rate.

The trade put $50 and change into the account from the starting balance on that entry.

A 100% record might not be as profitable as a 80% winning rate.

Nor an 80% win rate as profitable as a 30% win rate…

What’s your point?

I think the point is that one shouldn’t look at the hit rate only, because it is only one variable that by itself could be irrelevant in the big picture.

The only people to win every trade are market makers who hedge every tarde and charge a spread greater than what they have to pay to hege your trade, you being the client.

It doesn’t matter if you win, break even or make a loss, the middle person will never make a loss…hence why broker providers report profits each and every year :slight_smile:

Exactly, I couldn’t have put it better.

I agree with you, which is why I said 30% can be more profitable than 80%.

But that’s not the point of this discussion.

Is a “no loss” system possible? That is the query at hand.

No it isn’t. Seriously I just don’t think it is. Would you ever be able to prove that there was because there is always the chance that the very next trade could lose?

Oops. So does that count as a losing trade anyway. Some people just trade on the swap.

At least that was what I was told anyway.

Amigo…pray tell…what is a GAP and what is a SWAP

I am really getting confused now and btw, I do have him on cellphone contact and he says he got a good liqudation which he will be posting in an hour’s time but won’t explain what a swap is.

Any system that promises 100% gains is a farce. The key to becoming a successful trader is to win more than you lose. As long as you win 51% of the time and your portfolio is at least $1 higher than it was when you started each month, you are on the road to a successful future in the FX market.

Ok. He seems to have a 100% hit rate.

Started at $1973.42
Now at $5594.74

Promises to post a very good liquidation soon.

It has not even been a full month, would you say he is on the way to a successful future in forex ??

If he is, then I am glad I got in right at the start. First mover’s advantage, that is the correct term I believe.

I could be riding this all the way to the moon

That statement was probably uttered by more than one Madoff investor;)

You are more than correct.

One fact does stick out clearly.

It is NOT Madoff.

You could win 10% of the time, and be an incredible success.

Conversely, you could win 99% of the time, and be a total failure.

Have you been an INCREDIBLE success ?