About OANDA

Anyone who works wit OANDA? I am in the search of another broker and by a process of elimination the two candidates are Oanda and Alpari but Oanda offers Android platform and i wanna know how this platform is, it is good or it is bad, it works for mt4 accs too? that sort of stuff.

Regards.

You can try it out. Load it to your Android gadget and use a demo from Oanda. Here it works well. Do not expect too much tools like indis on that, though. You can however use other apps for that.

Yeah, i tried, i don’t use indis but hell i need to draw lines. Have a great day.

Thank you, you too!

I just have an android phone, so that would be a little small to draw lines, lol. There is however the possibility to have a virtual desktop on your phone while connecting it to your desktop pc. Then you can all do there what you can do at the desktop. There is plenty of software in the market to get that done. You can even control MT4 then and another way would be to use a browser. Even firefox is running native on android.

The Oanda android app is mostly only useful if you either a) know your desired entry points but want to view price action on a plain vanilla chart around these points when you might be away from your PC or b) want to monitor your trades while you’re out and about. It doesn’t have any functional use for technical analysis beyond that at the moment. I don’t use any indicators though so for me it’s fine.

Yeah, it seems so, i just make a few trades per day, mostly i open in the morning and close before midday. I gues if i switch to Oanda i would open trades on mt4 and close later with android. For an accurate trade one must have to be in front of the monitor.

Thank you guys.

I’ve been using Oanda for years and my complain is that sometimes the platform just freezes and I am not able to log in for few minutes… good thing I always put stoploss but it’s sometimes scary.

Is that your broadband connection or Oanda? I’ve never had any issues, and if I did, I would be contacting customer service asking for an explanation!