Acttrader, metatraders or ctrader?

I absolutely love my trading experience with Act trader, hands down. My broker Coinexx has recently started providing this trading platform and ever since that, I have been glued to it. It has all the added customisable aspects, which makes trading smooth and easy. And, it also has an added advantage in a way that the platform supports all the trading instruments at one place, so there is never a need to switch through different trading platforms.

Travis, I just opened my Act trader account with Coinexx. Itā€™s been a day or so. So far, it looks good and easy to use. I have created my workspaces and itā€™s fun that I can customize them. I have placed few orders, they were quick. I will update you with more details.

I never traded on Act trader before, I have only used Meta trader 4 and 5. Currently I am trading with Coinexx and they have recently introduced Act Trader. The functions of the platform look attractive to me. I am also thinking to start trading on their Act trader platform. Will let you know my review.

It kind of works best for my stop loss, can be modified quite a bit. Also the mobile compatible versions are great. Even the tutorials for it are easily available and accessible online. Helped me a lot.

It is also good for beginners because it is pretty easy to navigate through. I gave it a shot a few months back when I opened an account with turnkeyforex. It was also highly organised and even the charts are alright. Not that I donā€™t like other platforms but this one is a bit different to use. Now in fact Iā€™m looking at another broker offering the same platform for diversification, avatrade perhaps. Any users?

And the ActFX feature thatā€™s the best tool so far for analyzing charts, backtesting the strategies and helping automatically opening and closing the positions. Iā€™ve found trading with fxcm better once I swapped to this platform.

I faced a similar problem but then what I do is set the trailing stop loss on my order. Right click on the open position, click on the trailing stop, choose the points and the trailing stop loss will be set. I realized that a trailing stop can be set only on an open order. But, youā€™re doing a great job manually. Iā€™d rather try this strategy of yours too.

Yeah but if youā€™re an experienced trader, thereā€™s nothing better than mt5 platform and a suite of advanced analytical tools.

Choosing a trading platform to use absolutely your personal choice. When I started to trade forex, it was MT4 that I preferred. But now that I have gained some experience and know that there are other trading platforms also, I have started to test MT5 with my broker for advanced features.

Even when you get extremely quick response time with acttrader platform, where itā€™s just a matter of a few seconds and all the advanced features are downloaded on the screen?

Travis, I have used MT4 before so when I compare ActTrader with that then definitely it has better execution speed thatā€™s the reason I switched to ActTrader. I think it depends on the broker (which server it is using, the number of orders it is executing at a time) as well as the platform.

Ok thatā€™s a question thatā€™s got me thinking now and actually we hardly tend to think about it right? I mean we do say select a broker who offers xyz platforms but then itā€™s the platforms that comes with features and with which we trade. So, Iā€™m still confused as to what would be an answer to this.

I will not comment about Acttrader because i never tested it, but Iā€™m a user who migrated over 6 years from metatrader to cTrader. I still use metatrader but only to convert indicators/EAā€™s to ctrader (at the request of Clients). During this time, little evolution i saw in metatrader, in cTrader it was the opposite, constant evolutions and growth.

cTrader has a better design and user experience with nice trading from a chart. The whole platform is smoother. The design of metatrader 4 is obsolete, the design of metatrader 5 looks like windows XP with a skin.

cTrader has a commission, but the spread is lower than metatrader, if you confirm as i already made, in the end at cTrader itā€™s still cheaper to trade than metatrader.

cTrader has fewer indicators and EAs than metatrader, but the most used ones are available and there is an excellent community ready to develop this material. I give a huge highlight to support in the cTrader community on Telegram. Its 5 stars! Almost 3000 members learning and teaching. The forum is the same, especially when it comes to programming indicators and EAs, always someone available to help.

If you want to start developing your own indicators and EAs, definitely go with cTrader. It has a popular and easy to use C# language and you can use Visual Studio for development. It is much better compared to proprietary MQL language and MetaEditor used in MetaTrader. C# can be used to create a number of different programs and applications, its not a language limited to the platform, its a door for who wants to be a programmer. And the features of C# are far superior to MQL. Another advantage for cTrader.

For those who already code and works with both languages, it will confirm that C# is much faster and more fluid than MQL. In other words, cTrader is faster than metatrader.

Thanks bud, I have heard only good things about acttrader so far, think itā€™s gonna be a good one.

Well then I think thatā€™s one very good reason to go for acttrader. Execution speed can really be a big differentiator in my opinion, fraction of a second can lead to different spread cost and market price.

Well thatā€™s insightful, Iā€™ve hardly met avid supporters of ctrader, there are so many die-hard fans of mt4, and lately as I discovered, acttrader.

HI Jazee, the trailing stop has to be set after placement of the order and not at the time of placing order either Market/pending.

For me, itā€™s always been about broker selection. Thatā€™s one reason Iā€™m trading with turnkey forex. Offering metatrader and acttrader platforms and advanced tools and indicators helped me diversify my portfolio around forex, commodities, indices, and cryptos. And if you are up for proprietary trading platforms you can even check out avatrade.

It has been few days since I am trading on Coinexx Act trader platform. This is completely new to me so finding little inconvenience to locate certain things. But I have been watching some tutorials lately so they are helping me to do so. I placed few trades and no doubt it is faster than my Meta trader platform. Also, I like the options of order modifications as well. Canā€™t wait to find more.

1 Like

Agreed and also you missed out one important aspect. Of what I know, because the mandatory stop loss feature trims down the risk massively, the leverage offered on the cover orders is way higher when we compare it to the naked intraday orders.

1 Like