Adding to a open position

Hi all,

Hopefully this question is in the right place?

I am currently trading a demo account on tradingview and I have a short position open that has reached my first PT, I want to add another 1% to the trade. hoe does one actually add to a position? is it a case of opening a brand new short position and have two running positions open at the same time?
Whilst I am here lol, how do you close say 50% of a trade?

Thanks in advance

Ian

1 Like

There are two ways on ,my platform to add to a trade. There is believe it or not a button with side by side upwards arrows which signifies double your position. If you click it, that’s literally what happens.

The manual method is also available just as you mentioned, you click another buy/sell at the size you select in just the way you opened the original trade: the SL needs to be re-set accordingly.

To close half the trade, again, your platform might allow you to adjust the size of your position.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick response.

I actually don’t have a broker account yet. I am just trading the paper account on the demo version of TV.
I am still getting to grips with functionality of the platform, there may well be a tab somewhere to add to or close part of the position on there.

Thanks again

1 Like