Advanced Hedger

I put this ea “Advanced Hedger” onto a demo to see how it goes.
It opens 4 orders as a hedge and adds to them until they close in profit.
I have it running on
GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD, AUDUSD

Unfortunately it cant be back tested so I have no real idea of its performance.

Here’s my test. It might be underfunded? Seems like it can go into a bit of drawdown?

Do you have a link where this EA can be downloaded ?

Thanks

if you put here the robot we can try to help and see how it works …

cheers and good luck

How about using google? It took me less than ten seconds to find it.
So many people on BabyPips seem to be allergic to using searches, within or outside of the forum.

O.

well another EA to rip money from newbies seeking for easy money ehehe

as some wise men once said… if this EA works great why the owner will sell it only for 200/300$???

ohhh let me guess another pure soul who wants to help others… lolol

ok

It was made by forex advanced systems. Google that maybe.

I have it on 3 seperate demo’s they are all in profit at the moment.

There is also a myfxbook account with it running over a longer period. Looks like my $3000 account in first post will be lucky to survive. It probably needs $5000-$10000?

Account size doesn’t matter with any system or EA.
Risk percentage, R:R ratio, and win/loss ratio matter; just use smaller position sizes for a smaller account.

O.

When it comes to software testing it is best to use the same version of the EA with the same modifications made so all the tests done by everyone will be valid. You cant get acurate results from several peoplr if they are using different versions of the EA. It is logical from a testing perspective.

Their home page is here. Forex Advanced Systems

Regarding the lot size.
It is a bit unusual in that it always starts with a 0.01 lot size. There’s no where to change the lot size in the inputs.
I think the idea is that instead of changing the lot size is to add another set to the same account.
When the account equity drops below x% it stops opening new orders. (if it goes into drawdown it just stops opening new sets of orders until the opened hedge closes).

Oliver, it does have a built in money management system. I was trying it on small balances and didn’t even realize. but one test just jumped up to 0.02 lots. I tried it with a $200,000 balance and lot size is 0.4 There must be a pretty big gap between lot jumps.

Here’s the graph of its trading so far.
It has been running from 1st feb 2012. post updated 7th july

Do you consider it consistent? OMG… What are these brutal drawdowns? And overall, how can the recovery be so quick? :wink: I would not bet a single cent on this system… sorry. And I would advise you to review the risk and money management of it.

Regards.

As i said in the first post… the starting balance was way too low.
It is very consistent so far. 984 trades closed. About to double the account in just over 2 months.

The drawdown on the graph is a bit deceptive. Because the trades are hedged. That is why they spike up and down.

I think I saw the profit get to about -$400.
Because it opens alot of trades the Free Margin is the issue. You would need either high leverage or a large account.

At the moment it has about 40 trades open. The largest loss trade is -$46.00 The open trades are currently $90 in profit…

It is just a test!

Not realistic.

If they were real hedges they would normalize and decrease the volatility of returns. Adding additional false hedges magnifies the complexity and increases the risk.

Just passed 200%.

I doubled the lot size on this demo at the beginning of this week to see how far I can push it.
See if my luck holds…

If the EA was limited to say making just a max of 5 trades at a time would it still be profitable?

Just thinking if it is on a smaller account maybe trading at 0.01 per trade max 5 trades ?
also Goldylox are you running v1.07 or 1.08 on your demo account ?

You would probably want to start with at least $10K??. You could risk it as in this demo with $3K. It’s up to you. Personally I like to limit my risk.

I cant see how you could limit the trades successfully. & you need high leverage or a large account.

I had an update last week to V2.1. That’s when I increased the lot size.

Looks like no more free updates of the ea will be released.
They are moving to a signal service. At least there is a 30 day free trial now.

Not sure to keep it running live at the moment due to the Franc being at the same rate as the euro. Looks like it could get a bit wild.