Advanced trend line trading with SSD

[B]Red ear[/B]

Take a look at my original posted chart with strat. That will give you an idea. Basically ‘recent’ is the last biggest swing low/ high in relation to more recent PA movement.

Currently we have no shortage of higher ranges to take down trend lines off. But PA is currently below an area where we can draw up trend lines. :frowning:

my recent is the high around Sept23 and low around Sept 28, but today I used the sept 30 high to draw a line. So I think it’s kind of subjective.
Here’s my chart from today, thats what had me confused earlier. stoch going up, price consolidating between red s/r fan lines. so no trade till it shows some direction. notice the triangle form also.

Are we getting entry signals on the 4h GBP?

Bounced off lower trend line
SSD rising
Second 4h candle looking “classic”

I hope so… because I jumped the gun and entered earlier this morning at 1.5754 LOL!

R Carter, even if I entered too early, I’m starting to like your 4h trend line SSD strat!

I’m going to owe you lunch and a tie’s worth! :slight_smile:

thanks!

Time to go out for a sandwich so I closed my 4h trend line SSD trade for +131 pips. Also got 30 pips with your london open strat earlier in the morning…

161 pips worth of thanks for sharing your great information! :slight_smile:

[I]I’m starting to think you really are a pro and not some loser kid with an old laptop living in his mother’s basement![/I] :smiley:

LOL You should see his house. I could fit my house in one of his closets.

good trading there. I got 94 pips but got in late as usual :stuck_out_tongue:

this system sounds good… let me try… might need help… pls guide

any position at present and is this system works for any pair ?

MkDeep, welcome, I don’t have a position open on this strategy right now, but made some nice pips earlier today with it. I do have an open position just following MAs right now though. I’ll see how that goes on into the evening.

both ssd lines are above 80 and the fast one is starting to turn. looks like price is bouncing off one of my green resistance lines. time for a sell ?

My trend lines and SSD are also looking like a reversal of yesterday. I’m keeping my powder dry and waiting to see how it all unfolds after this mornings opening and today’s UK EUR & US news.

SSD fast line has crossed the slow line by a tiny bit… I’m still watching and waiting…

maybe we’ll get a few classic reversal candles later today or tomorrow…
or it could continue to go on higher, right?

has any one got MT4 indicator - Regression ?

thks

[B]mkdeep[/B]

I’m not on the right computer but later I’ll try to get that posted here for you, okay?

thanks!

Here is one

Linear Regression_Indicator_Line.zip (1014 Bytes)

That LRIL got a value of 4.

[B]R. Carter[/B]

Original strat shows LRIL value of 5.

Does it matter…?

Also that MA…in the red on your word doc chart…is that a 3 LWMA…?

Thx.

[B]Cas[/B]

They are secondary indicators and as such are discretionary. I think I have up 7/14 regression but a 5 as originally suggested is faster. Whatever suites you Cas. :slight_smile:

[B]R Carter[/B]

Radio. :smiley: I’ll make it fit.

Should have looked…top hand left corner on chart…it tell’s ya…7/14 regression. :rolleyes:

Here’s my latest pic, I just put the linear regression on. looks like price is forming a triangle, consensus seems to be that it will break out going down right?

Hey Cas,

I think the file posted - Linear Regression Line Indicator – is not a straight “LRMA - linear regression moving average”.

A linear regression moving average is almost exactly the same as an “EPMA - end point moving average” and “LSMA - least squares moving average”.

But different then the linear weighted moving average on the MT4 platform

Someday I’ll try to clear up some of the confusion around here on moving average type and post all my research on different methods used but not today…

bottomline, IMO this posted indicator looks cool but it’s not the same as RC is using with his system

I’ll try to find and post the proper LRMA so we can clone RC on the MT4