Advanced trend line trading with SSD

[B]d-pip[/B]

You’re right.

I checked the script, changed values and it is nothing like what RC got on his chart. Not even close.

Yeah, it should look somthing like this:

That’s nothing like you’ve got, d-pip…

Hey, not for nothing but that’s a hell of a system isn’t it?

4H bars and the 5LRMA cross of the 5EMA!

That chart is CMS – VT trader and they count the 4 hour bars different…I THINK?

I have 4 accounts, live with Oanda & CMS, demos with Alpari & IBF and all have different 4h bars!

I see nobody likes the MT4 version of the regression indie, I didn’t either someone posted it so I tried it.

I don’t like anything that close to my candles it is distracting besides it does not tell me anything that the candles are not telling me.

Now all I have to do is pay attention to the candles, but I’m to poor to [U]pay[/U] attention. :smiley:

John

We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin

The linear regression indicator posted appears to have a 4 period. Change it to 5 and it’s a better match

[B]TalonD[/B]

Ever looked at the script…? :smiley:

If I remember right you have posted a news indicator for MT4…?

4… well duh

News indicator? I have one, don’t remember now where I got it. My memory is about as long as… never mind :eek: :smiley:

I think I found the right LRMA file for MT4. I set it for 5 periods as per R Carter. I hope this is the correct regression line thing.

let me know how she works, thanks!

linreg 5 LRMA.zip (727 Bytes)

The 5 LRMA looks bang on to me!

[B]d-pip[/B]

She is looking good to me. Thx. :slight_smile:

Anyone still looking at this? I’ve still got my original trend lines holding up pretty good with addition of only one or two more. Fibs still show a good correlation also.

Yeah! still waiting for the next big move down! She looks overbought but keeps moving higher. My trend lines are getting a little funky and maybe she’s starting a new channel back up. And I’m wondering if fundamentals are playing more of a role than the TA. Or I’ve screwed up drawing my trend lines! :o

Here’s mine, PA still seems to follow the fan lines pretty good. thick orange horizontal line is strong resistance. it will be interesting to see if it follows the trend or gets repelled by the resistance. If I’m interpreting it right. You’re zoomed out to a bigger view than I am.

repelled by the resistance… sounds like a wwii movie

I’m just using high to high / low to low trend lines…
I’ve got to learn more about your “fan” lines, they look real good!
thanks!

just pick a high point and connect from there to subsequent high points. and a past low point and connect from there to subsequent low points. my only deviation from that is the orange lines.

thanks, I’ll try it!

To form a trendline, you have to have price touching the line in a minimum of 2 places where PA then bounces away/is rejected from the line.
So, is it true with this system, that you can only trade the 3rd touch of the trendline?
I very rarely have more than 1 up trendline and/or 1 downtrendline in my charts as once price crosses a trendline, it is usually invalidated.

What I find interesting is not just two points but price seems to keep hitting certain trend lines even though those lines were drawn some time ago price seems to keep respecting them. Look at the trend lines in the first picture and extent them to the present. they are almost predictive.

as for stochastic, I don’t think it’s always a good indication of over bought or oversold. It’s just moving averages compressed in the vertical. Sometimes it peaks and vallys in accord with price but there were a few weeks back where it was definately not reliable.

Well… that’s how I see it anyway…

Do you have a chart with your current fan lines?
Just interested as this whole fan principle goes against any trendline stuff I’ve read about :slight_smile: ie trendlines only drawn on the recent high to high or low to low areas, not crossing through price.