Advanced trend line trading with SSD

There is no claim that you are “doing it wrong”. I have simply stated the obvious when it comes to trend and price action. Whether or not you seek to understand is up to you.

My BabyPips thread is called The Forex Store.

It is sad that you have lowered yourself. I had referred to you as an example of someone who could debate issue without personal attacks. I thought you were better than that and am disappointed.

See post above for a link to my thread. The only way to reduce to the failure rate of traders is to stop spreading myths and fallacies. In trading, the majority is not right. Just because a myth is repeated my many people, many times over, does not make it so.

Hello Mr. Carter,

I will be following your trading plan on the 4 hr. time frame with about 12 pairs. I’m also interested in looking at your 5 min and 15 min strategies if you can tell me where i can find these. Thanks very much. Sterling

You can find the tread here.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/29084-bollinger-band-trading-mas-203.html#post151510

That seems like a lot of pairs to be watching all at once.

[B]Extraction[/B]

I am sorry if you think I have lowered myself… perhaps on this occasion I did. But I was begining to find your posting style patronising.

You seem not to like any particular TF chart, dont see any correlation in peoples actual trading patterns within differing TF charts. Disagree with SL sizing on differing TF charts and now apparently the Bollinger band which I regard as the single most important indicator as worthless. Clearly we have no common ground. :smiley:

I can assure you that on my trading floor 9 out of 10 traders are not losers. I would in fact say that those figures should be flipped 180… 9 out of 10 of my traders are winners… with some earning a seven figure salary.

Still you go your way and I mine… its your money right. :slight_smile:

thank you very much

I would love to hear more about this :slight_smile:

I would have thought if you were serious about trading you would be much more interested in finding more out about the previous paragraph?

Please don’t assume anything. But seeing as you brought it up. Please i would very interested to know

I’m very interested in learning more on the way you trade. I narrowed it down to 4 pairs I’m using the trendlines with. My first trades were successful. Just ignore that xtraction guy. He’s a distraction. I want to learn how to trade profitabley and that’s why I’m here. Thank you, Sterling

Post 128 [B]Bollinger band trading with MA’s [/B]… its all there. :slight_smile:

I brought it up as a rebuttle to Extractions statement. A lengthly explanation on institutional floor trading would be outside of this threads direction. If you have a specific question you could always PM me and I’ll try and answer it. :slight_smile:

At least you admit it. It’s strange how you flipped from enjoying my posts to “find my posting style patronising”. But your tactics are transparent. No hard feelings, mate.

While looking up ‘deep in the box’, I found this which is funny: Karl Pearson Hall: Statistics Jokes 41-80 of Original Gallery

and this which is informative: How to get refunds from bad gurus by John T. Reed

What did you mean by ‘deep in the box’?

You aware of sarcasm? (I certainly enjoyed your posts) … probably not … your type never quite get it do they. :slight_smile: Please please please… just back up your claims with just one new thread on how its really done then. :D:D:D

I’ve seen your other thread posts… really constructive, the square route of all arrogance begins with you!

Do me a favour… put up or shut up… really if your all you think you are its that simple! Sadly I expect yet another crappy post.

Some of those statistics jokes were pretty funny. In the box, just something that Cas menioned once, wish she hadn’t left us. Square roots… the square root of -1 is i an imaginary number. Silly name for a real mathmatical thing. representing the vertical axis of the complex number plane which is necessary for plotting fractal images such as the Mandelbrot set. I only mention this because RCarter mentioned square roots and Forex charts have fractal characteristics… or so I’ve noticed. The only usefulness this observation has is that price behaves in similar ways on different time frames. so if you can do boll bounces on a 5m, you can do it on a 1h also, There are trends and ranges on all time frames, just at different scales. small ones on 5m larger ones on 1h

reminds me of an old fractal limerick.
big whorls have little whorls that feed on their velocity
and little whorls have littler whorls
and so on to viscosity

yes I’m a geek, I admit it.

But it has to be said… a dam clever geek and by all acounts not at all spotty. :D:D:D

not at all spotty :smiley: must be a Brit expression? Sounds like a good thing

I was just looking at the fan lines on my daily chart. That big drop down touched my lower fan line just about to a pip before bouncing back up a little. It’s amazing how price follows those lines.

I am well aware of sarcasm as well as self-aggrandizement. What do you want me to “put up”? I already beat you in the debate which was evident when you resorted to name calling. This may be of use: