Advanced trend line trading with SSD

Price follows those lines until you actually place a trade and then price decides to “disobey”.

I am sure this will be a big help to all of us.

If you follow the advise of “adopting simple rules and stick to them”, it will.

Working on it, almost there.

Every time I brake them I pay the price

in a three trillion dollar a day market, my little trade is imperceptible, The market doesn’t give a dam about my trade. When I was a beginner, it seemed like it did, but that was an illusion. Truth is, the market is like a river flowing, my job is to flow along with it. Ever heard of EST? man that’s going way back.
:stuck_out_tongue:

ahem… it would be nice if this thread could be kept on topic eh?

I know that, lol… that’s why I put “disobey” in quotes. EST, LifeSpring, etc… A trip down memory lane. Market more like tides. Rivers usually flow in one direction while tides move in and out.

Can I ask for more examples of how to correctly draw the trendlines? They’re somewhat subjective and I’m trying to extrapolate using what was provided, but still not 100%.

Hi Ernie, I’ll try to post a pic of mine tonight, I would like to see a recent chart from R.Carter.

The last time I drew the fan lines was a few weeks ago on the daily chart and price is still following the lines remarkably well.

Some people don’t like lines on their charts. Believe it or not, there are some people who may not even use charts at all… :slight_smile: but I do like these fan / trend lines!

Hey Ernie, here’s a picture of my daily chart. See how the current daily candle hit the green line at the bottom and headed up, I would expect it to get close to the red line and pause. If it breaks through the red line, then it doesn’t have far till it hits resistance at the next green line above that. If it bounces off the red line and goes back down then theres not much resistance, it could drop a long ways. But you can see how price highs and lows seem to stick to the lines.

Nice chart Mike… no need for me to add mine now. :smiley:

Thanks R. ! I forgot to mention, this is NFP day so watch it!

Cheeky bugger I reminded you Wednesday! :D:D

My TP triggered at 1.6658 as posted on BB thread. :slight_smile: I’m out now until Sunday.

You did ! I need to learn to keep a better watch on the calendar and stop loosing track of what day it is !

It would appear to me that both gentlemen made a valid point here.

The wise thing to do, as it appears to me, would be a combination of both approaches as outlined in this thread and the threads The Forex Store. & Technical Templates Continued.

Get the job done of creating a workable and profitable trading plan around these concepts and put it to work.

The positive P/L takes care of itself. :wink:

Try not to mix trend lines with fan lines, the author of the thread should refer to the lines as to what they are, the lines used in this thread are fan lines NOT trend lines.

fan lines and trend lines. Yes there is a difference and I am guilty of using the words interchangeably.

Trend lines may be an illusion, but the pips I am making are real, at least my broker says they are…

Hello, i am Mental (slovenia born and raised ) -> 18years old

Firstly, thank you for that promising system of yours Carter.
And if its promising, why dont we strive to achive it LOL!?
I was happy till, ghm, we all know what or who?

Back to happy and interesting subject :).

I started using trendlines 3 days ago: yesterday juiced 120 pip trade (my first)
-> here i posted some questions and graphs.

I think that duo to corelation GBP/JPY will bounce at the first line crossing.
-> Please back my statement or confute it holistically?!

GBP/JPY :

USD/JPY :

a big thank you. Lets get pipin’ :smiley: happy life

P.S.: if above pictures weren’t placed you can check them out here:
- img9.imageshack.us/img9/1134/usdjpy.png
- img14.imageshack.us/img14/8562/gbpjpy.png

RC - just a clarification of the following for the first post of this thread - 1) Look to the trend lines. Has price hit a cross of a lower/ upper trend line? If so, proceed to step 2. - are we looking for the price to hit a trend line after they cross or as they cross or ??? Never quite sure of this statement no matter how many times I have re-read it. Thanks!

Hello again,

to Carter:
I have an idea. I think that would be best if you make a video tutorial and we choose currencies (unless you are so attached to your GBP/USD :slight_smile: ).
-> You mentioned sitting on a chair looking trough the window and thinking about the rain lol. i guessss u got time?
-> as i said thats the best way to understand the whole process… you said you erased many many trendlines, just to not confuse us. ( im reffering to you first post)

again, big thank you :wink: happy life AM

That approach will only confuse and produce even more “illusions”.