Advice on VPS Colossuscloud VS SimplyCloud or

Hi All,

I am currently testing SimplyCloud for VPS but their basic offer (1GB RAM and 1 core processor) is not enough for my EA and I am often running out of RAM or CPU.

I could go to the offer with 2GB and 2 Cores but it’s quite expensive (i.e. 30GBP per month)

It looks like ColossusCloud offers the latter option at a good price. Anybody has any experience with this supplier or has any other advice?
Thanks,
MG

Hello,

The famous VPS quest to find the right one ! :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried SimplyCloud or ColossusCloud to be honest but based on your info it seems we faced the same issues. I was stuck as well, using some dedicated VPS for Forex, but was often running out of RAM and CPU due too heavy EA usage or the need to trade on several pairs at the same time.

After intensive search, I found a new VPS provider offering good package in term of Memory and Power. Have currently a SSD with 400go, 16gb of Memory and a 8 core proc. Costing around 9euros (I think 18 if you select the windows operating system). Company name is Contabo. (Have no affiliation to them or anything else). Running with them since 4 month now and several MT4 session at the same time and didn’t got any crash. So far so good I would say.

I’m using mid to long term strategy so I cannot tell you about the latency etc, potentially cannot fit to scalping approach, but haven’t check. You can give a try a month and see if it fit your need. Took me a while to find a good VPS (Was thinking at one point to build my own !)

Happy Pips,
PipsFisherman

Hi PF,

Thanks for the tip :smiley:. I have looked a their website and indeed their offering is quite interesting. I have decided to give it a try. Out of curiosity, did you go with Windows 2012 or Windows 2016?

Thanks again,
MG

1 Like

Hello MacGiammal,

Have took a look to my initial order, I went for the Window 2016 64bits version. Don’t ask me why, but I think the latest server version is now quite stable and wanted to insure to get an interface quite similar to a Window 10.
Of course a linux version is half the price but stability of MT4 on linux is difficult and I want to avoid any compatibility bug. Already have enough to manage with EA and the platform. !

Cheers,
PF

Hi PF,

I agree Linus is not worthy. So I went with the Windows 2012 options in order for the OS not to consume too many resources. It seems that it is working fine at the moment. I will test it for a month and then I’ll decide if it’s worth keeping it.

Thanks for the tip!
MG

Hello,

Have 3 sessions running at the same time with more than 200 trades on each of them, and navigation is still fluent !

Enjoy !
PF