Advise me on developing a money management strategy?

I’ve been successfully trading demo for about a year now. However, whilst demo trading, I’ve been taking unrealistic risks and making unsustainable profits. As a result, I’ve recently opened a live account to force myself to take it more seriously - regardless of how quickly I blow the account (though I obviously aim not to), I believe it will be worth it for the education and experience.

Anyway, whilst demoing I’ve paid little attention to money management, lot sizes or stop losses. All that I’ve been concerned about is whether or not my analysis was correct (which it usually was!). Having opened a live account, I’m no longer able to ignore these factors.

My first issue is that I don’t have a trading plan (though my trades are primarily based around similar lines of analysis). This means that my expectations are different with every trade (e.g. I may expect one trade to make 2-3 pips profit in the next 30 mins, whilst for another trade I may be expecting 40+ pips over the next few days). Obviously, scalpers, day traders and swing traders will all ploy very different money management rules, so my money management rules must be flexible to accommodate for different types of trades. My live account has only been active for a few days and in that time I have only traded lots of size 0.01. I feel that 0.01 is too small, but I’m not really sure what the best lot size would be.

What lot size should I use?

Where is the best place to start when developing a money management strategy?

What are the most important aspects of your money management strategy?

Would it help if I uploaded my live activity so far? I’ve only made a few trades, but it may still help you in advising me?

Here is a quick, easy to follow video on calculating position size you may find helpful. The Proper Way To Calculate Position Sizing - YouTube

In addition to the utube vid, here is a tool I used in the beginning.
Forex Money Management

The best place to start when developing a money management strategy in my opinion is to write down what you are trying to accomplish with it. For example is your main focus building a bankroll and protecting your capital, or protecting your capital and building your bankroll. The bottom line is what are you trying to accomplish with the bankroll you have to risk based on the type of trader you are or think your are.

Again in my opinion the most important part is make the plan then follow the plan. Next would be ongoing analysis to make or see what if any changes you need to make.

If you download what you have so far, you’ll get opinions that may not agree. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, because different traders approach to most things when it comes to forex is based on their experiences, so if you decide to share your activity, remember to keep that in mind. Good Luck
Gp