After one year of demo trading can I start learning algo trading without doing manual trading with actual money and directly become algo trader

After one year of demo trading can I start learning algo trading without doing manual trading with actual money and directly become algo trader

@khurana
YES, but on 1 condition

Time alone does not mean you can start trading live.
I have seen people do this for 10 years and they still can’t trade successfully

TIME. give you your screen time (Your HOURS) so to speak.
TIME also gives you a higher degree of experience that you do not have as a beginner

but it is now a question of WHAT EXPERIENCE DID YOU PRACTICE

did you get good at practicing something that does not work
or did you get good at practicing something that works

NOW. THERE IS A WAY TO TEST WHICH ONE YOU DID
it’s like this

If you can pull out a Demo Account History and get a full Detailed report
and IF YOU CAN SHOW … CONSISTANT profit of a Min period of 6 months

YES… YOU CAN THEN START TRADING LIVE

if you can’t show this report, then you cannot start trading regardless of how long you’ve doing it for.

like i said
TIME gives you experience and practice
PROOF… Proves that you can ACTUALLY DO IT CONSISTANTLY

if you have these 2 things, you can trade
if you don’t, you can’t

1 Like

Thanks, And what about algo trading part of the question

Same answer mate…
do it
Test it on Demo
if it proves profitable for no less than 6 months… go for it

but… Writing an Algo or bot, requires YOU TO KNOW HOW TO TRADE FIRST

1 Like

Demo testing will be a good idea for the start.

1 Like

Testing it on Demo will allow you to assess your risk if you were to use actual money. 100% if there’s consistency and you are profitable after 6 months, you should now be ready to trade live.

Ensure that you document the process, and understand if there are any factors, i.e, macro fundementals that could’ve affected the performance of your algo system within a certain time period.

Before going live, you can even try backtesting your trading strategies on historical data.That will help you understand how efficient your trading strategy is and how can it perform in the live market. Although, while backtesting, you need to backtest your strategy on data from different market conditions so that you can get a fair idea how it will run in a worst case as well as best case scenario., just testing it on one set of data might not be enough as the market conditions differ from each other many times, depending on various factors.