AI and done-for-you trading, is it worth it?

Hello precious traders, I see all over utube and internet the use of AI and robots to trade profitably. Do we need to buy these programmed robots or is it like any strategy that is shared over the web and try to follow it ? I guess it is like a strategy, some are good and some are not. I would be very sceptical and nervous about letting a robot trade for me. What do you think ?
Thanks to all in advance

2 Likes

Trading is so simple to do that I can’t understand how a machine is required to do it for anyone. Even the best target selection, set-up identification and entries cannot remove the risk that the market will do the less probable thing after entry, or that something unforseen will occur.

But it does take away the responsibility…

3 Likes

Firstly it takes away the responsibility of trading yourself. Secondly i believe its if learnt well, you can program your own robot. and remember what you input into the program is what you get…

So you don’t feel guilty if you lose. Instead the Robot will.

i’d like to have trading for me the robot that Crédit Suisse First Boston leased on a monthly profit-share from the group of US academics (math/computer-science) who built it

sadly, like everyone else posting here, i won’t ever have access to that

i wouldn’t want an EA i could buy online for a few hundred dollars trading for me

i’d obviously wonder why its creator isn’t just making his fortune by using it himself, and why he needs the $300 from me (or whatever he’s selling it for!) :woozy_face:

4 Likes

AI and done-for-you trading, is it worth it?

As long as they present the desired results I have absolutely no qualms about using them.

It also enables you to trade timeframes and timezones that would otherwise be unavailable to you. You could trade the 1 minute timeframe in a timezone that is up while you are asleep or doing something else.

1 Like

i’m a real marketing cynic: whenever i see the words “done for you” (which one often does, in marketing) i always instinctively ask myself something like “if they - or their product/service - can do it for me, why aren’t they doing it for themselves and what do they actually need me for?” and the answer, it seems to me, is normally “they want me to pay them”, which makes me think that’s actually their primary income

3 Likes

It is like back in the days of the gold rush, a few people made money finding gold but a bunch of people made even more money selling shovels.

3 Likes

As soon as ChatGPT hit the airwaves, every other Forex YouTuber came out with an “AI Robot” that made “$12345 in 48 seconds.”

I think for this specific case, what do you want?

Do you want somebody or something to trade a predefined system for you, where you simply provide trading funds?

Do you want the ability to have your own system run 24/7, even while you sleep?

How much do you actually want to learn?

How much control do you want of the actual trades?

I think AI can help supplement market analysis and help you maybe develop additional strategies, but AI Robots actually trading profitably for you without intervention, it’s not there for the retail crowd.

Hmmm. :thinking: Although they would require you to put in less time and effort, since these robots usually cost a lot (without the insurance that they’ll absolutely deliver), I’m still not a big fan. :sweat_smile: I agree that if the people selling them actually believe in them, they’d be using them to trade themselves so they won’t have to sell anything. :thinking:

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

The problem is then you are no longer a trader. It is like saying you are a Formula 1 driver but the car is driven by Verstappen in your place.

Suppose I bought that AI or EA, how can I be so sure that it will work up to our expectation in the future? I don’t want to invest money for something that is not certain.

If that is your position perhaps you should not be looking at Forex in the first place.

2 Likes

you’re not well suited to any kind of financial trading, in that case

financial trading has always been, is now, and always will be probabilistic in nature and outcomes - never “certain”

it’s like that for George Soros and for Goldmann Sachs and for all successful and losing institutional and retail trading, and for the next person who comes through the virtual door and reads the Babypips lessons, and for me and for you as well

if you think about it, you will perhaps appreciate that in financial markets there are many small losers and few big winners, and it was ever thus … if you could buy an EA that could give you certainty, then so could everyone else, and where would the “many losers” be, and how would the markets function at all, over the long term?

you need to take a step (or two) back and look at the bigger picture