Algorithmic Trading Enthusiast

Hello everyone!

My name is Dragan Drenjanin, and I am very happy to join this forum. With many years of experience in algorithmic trading, I am eager to connect with like-minded individuals.

My Journey into Algorithmic Trading

My foray into algorithmic trading began several years ago, driven by a deep interest in financial markets and technology. I was captivated by the potential of using algorithms to analyze market data and execute trades with precision and speed. This led me to delve deep into the development of Expert Advisors (EAs), particularly for popular trading platforms like MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5).

Areas of Expertise

Development and Optimization of Expert Advisors: Over the years, I have developed numerous EAs, each designed to optimize trading strategies and achieve consistent results. My focus has always been on creating robust, reliable, and efficient trading systems.

Advanced Algorithmic Strategies: I specialize in designing complex algorithms that leverage technical indicators, statistical models, and machine learning techniques to predict market movements and execute trades.

Portfolio Management: One of my key strengths is constructing balanced portfolios using a combination of advanced trading robots. By diversifying across different strategies and asset classes, I aim to maximize returns while managing risk effectively.

My Trading Philosophy
I believe in a disciplined and systematic approach to trading. Each algorithm and strategy I develop undergoes rigorous backtesting and forward testing to ensure it performs well under various market conditions. Continuous monitoring and optimization are crucial to maintaining the edge in algorithmic trading.

Tools and Platforms
I primarily work with MT4 and MT5.

Why I Joined This Forum
I joined this forum to exchange ideas, learn from others, and contribute to the community. Algorithmic trading is a constantly evolving field, and I believe that sharing knowledge and collaborating with others is the best way to stay ahead of the curve.

Let’s Connect!
If you have any questions about algorithmic trading, feel free to reach out.

Thank you for welcoming me to this forum.

Best regards,
Dragan Drenjanin

2 Likes

Nice to know you Dragan. Probably we can exchange things. I also develop EA for MT4/5 and cBot for my own purposes.

Yes of course.

Welcome to the forum Dragan! Enjoy your stay here and looking forward to hearing more from you!

This is interesting. My experience is algos can be a great tool in investing, identifying longer term opportunities. I am a small shareholder in a company that offers a mutual fund where algos decide the asset allocation of the fund. For trading, I am much more reserved. I have seen, tried and used algos for trading, with not much luck. I think trading is too much driven by not reading signs or analyzing actions, but “experiencing” the market, sentiment, feel, and emotions. Algos can miss out on this, just look at all the AI bots popping up, missing more than they hit. Also, an algo cannot anticipate what a human will say or do (sure, based on previous facts, it can), which means an algo can act based on the fact. But for longer term investing, sure.

Well, no one can replace people, because people create algo systems. I personally use my algo systems. In my opinion, it is necessary to use several different applications on the same instrument. This approach provides diversification of strategies. Essentially, the robot or robots must have a positive score of more than 65% for me to expect a positive result.

However, I cannot say that using algo systems makes trading stress-free. It can be quite stressful, especially when the robot enters a losing period. That is why it is extremely important to understand what we are working with and what we can expect from an algo system.

1 Like