All indicators are just lagging indicators?

if shown as indicator, isnt that mean it’s too late? is price action the only way to trade ‘realtime’?

if you disagree, what are some actual leading indicators you use?

1 Like

Fibs maybe? The more traders that use they, they almost become a self fulfilling prophecy. Have you given them a shot?

They’re about a requirement now for anybody doing any kind of crypto analysis, whether good or bad.

For Forex, I rely on my Ichimoku strategy, MACD, and EMA 60. I have my own settings for the MACD and Ichimoku which give consistent results.

IMO, the best indicator would be a real time supply and demand barometer which drives the price action. Myfxbook app is about the best I’ve seen - and I use their ‘Outlook’ and ‘Market’ data as confirmation signals.

2 Likes

ichimoku seems very popular. is the school section here on this subject good enough to give me basics of this concep?

1 Like

I’m sure this site would explain the basic rules. Then it’s just up to you to practice it on a demo account until you’re comfortable. It works at its best in a trending market. I use daily, 4hr & 1hr charts to line up the ducks - if that occurs it’s a trading opportunity.

The basic premise is to provide an instant glance - you buy above the cloud and sell below, never in the cloud. When buying, the fast red line must be above the slower blue line, and vice versa for selling.

Trend indicators are when candles exit the cloud or the two lines cross, which signify a direction change.

There are other more advanced techniques, but the above is adequate to put you in the ballpark for a trading opportunity, and it’s up to you to refine it using other indicators like MACD etc. etc.

IMO, it’s one of the easiest strategy which has been used for decades because it is profitable long term. It also keeps you out of risky trades.

1 Like

sounds easy enough to follow. but 1hr seems too fast? how much time. you spend in front of charts per day using ichimoku?

About one hour in the morning and one hour after lunch.

1 Like

the “not another trading podcast” do a good couple of videos on youtube about ichimoku

1 Like

funny podcast name ok will check them out thnx