(ALMOST) Perfect Swing Trading using Trendlines

Medi,

Sadly I do not know how to use trendmelealve me :frowning: I guess I better learn that today.

Thanks for your advice! Actually Iā€™m trying to combine your trend strategy with another strategy which is I zoom into smaller time frame to add more trades to go with the trend. Yeah, small time frame is more nervous so keep patience is very important. :slight_smile:

Mine is +142 :smiley:

To add new trades, wait for the new trend to develop a bit, 3-4 four hour candles, then zoom in, and when price is touching or almost touching lower trendline (for upward, buy trendline), then place your additional entry. This allows you to put a bit tighter stop on it, and more room to profitā€”i.e., better risk reward ratio. You have to make sure your trendline is right on.

Iā€™m in too, but got in later, up 71 pips :slight_smile:

cant put up screen of H1 as I am now using strategy on H4 instead. Here is screen of the H4 with backtested trades

I extracted about 200 pips for my eurnzd trade today. I donā€™t know but it seems that the trend line was broken also on gbpnzd, can you confirm that?

Good work on the EUR/NZD! I reversed my position on GBP/NZD with a 20 pip gain after getting on board Friday, IMO the 4hr trend was broken.

I added the 8 & 13 SMA to the chart, and had a look back over the last few months, decent amount of pips would have been made following that alone. Would be a good EA

It must be broken, iā€™m up 100 odd pips on a short.

if you think about EN, Iā€™d like to get in short too a couple of pips below 1.59. are you agree?
itā€™s a range-like head and shoulders at the daily

GBPNZD has already broken the upward trendline, about 145 net pips profit for meā€¦now the sell at about 175 pipsā€¦entered at 1.92450, after the next 4 candle started after the bullish candle that had broke the line and then went up to touch it again from the bottom and closedā€¦will it break 1.90000? That is a pretty solid resistance, historically.

GBP/NZD
I found this thread a week or so a go and have lost some (set my stop too low) and have made some back as well. Iā€™m still struggling a bit with it. Not sure how many of you have looked all the long term hints, but hereā€™s my weekly chart. The orange lines are resistance lines and the blue lines are support lines. Today it hit one of those blue lines and bounced up. BTW, the far left dates are in 2011

I like the left side of the chart better than the right sideā€¦those moves were big enough to pyramid in, something that is very risky and hard to do. Hopefully, the market resumes those kind of moves. It is already moving outside of that long consolidation of the past few months.

hit my TP on the short. Iā€™ll be watching the 4H candles tonightā€¦ Best of luck to everyone who is still holding the short.

I just entered to a short trade on EURNZD, because my trendline has just been broken.

Also the price is bouncing on my 4h channel 1st standard deviation and 15m 2nd standard deviation, both channels downtrend.

GBP/NZD

From itā€™s peak on the 31st, itā€™s making a pretty nice Bat pattern. Yesterdayā€™s peak was a .382 retracement, then todayā€™s low was a .886 retracement. The .886 of X (where D should end up) is right near the top line of the triangle (see above chart). So, hopefully itā€™s right and everythingā€™s on its way up for a while and then when it hits there, weā€™ll know itā€™s going back down. Time to get some pips =)

This is where it can be challenging to make a tradeā€¦the trendline has again been broken, but the price ranged a bit before coming back upā€¦my buy was entered this morning at 1.91250ā€¦now 50 pip+ā€¦about 96 pip profit on last trade.

Pip,

I wanna thank you again for bringing this pair to lifeā€¦ without youā€¦ I wouldnā€™t be up 200 pipsā€¦

I entered the short on the EUR/NZD and closed it at 61 pips. After the significant drop Iā€™m now going long at about the same buy as you, from the past after a 40+ drop they normally bounce up and go from thereā€¦

Goodluck!

Iā€™m really struggling with this. Iā€™ve had issues the last few days with the ranging. Whatā€™s your trend line with the ranging movement since the 10th?

Hey bud,

I think I know what you mean by this, let see is this works. I started with the procedure provided by pip and the last couple of days, due to the crazy ranged I find it working better using the 1H chartsā€¦ same trend line instructions just off 1H chart and I check on the 4H chart for confirmation of trend. I have also added EMAā€™s on 4H just as confirmation for entry either up or down.