Alpari.co.uk does someone trade with?

I’m in the desperate search for a broker to open a live account. They use MT4 and seem very good with tight spreads, but here I see that no one uses them.
Why? Has someone any real experience with them?

I did come across them on Friday & downloaded their MT4 platform.

I noticed though that they say that the demo takes approx. 3-4 secs to
process an order, but when in a live account it can take anywhere up to 15 secs
because they in fact have a dealing desk, which processes the orders.

Also they did not have a great deal of pairs.

A good point for me though is that they are British, based in London.

I am still thinking about it.

At present though I use Oanda, OK they have their own platform, (which is easy to use) but I use MT4 & their platform for certain tasks, plus they have tight spreads, & no limit to the lot size ie I can use 50 units or 10 000 units, just by plugging that amount into the pop-up box.

Hope this helps & if you do decide to go with Alpari let me know how you get on. :wishes:

Edited to say: Also put “alpari” into the search function at the top of the page

I am in doubt as well who to use. I’ve got demo accounts with both FXCM and alpari.

I prefer the alpari platform, but didn’t know they take up to 15 sec to process a position.
Seems like they all have their bad points. Got a demo with oanda as well but don’t like their platform one bit.

I would suggest to go with STIFX… there execution is quicker in MT4… as well you can trade other multiple products too… best luck

Do you trade with them? Elaborate please on your experiences with them.
Thanks

Yes i am trading with STIFX.
They are also offering MetaTrader 4 Platform.
Micro Lot trading.
Quick Deposit facilities - Its instant credit/debit card…
The Execution is quick, when placing buy or sell order… STIFX is offering tight spreads in many currencies…
And my funds is secured with STIFX, i have withdrawed my profits too. and i dont have any wire transfer fee or such… So its saves me there…
there site is stifxonline.com

Best of luck…

Thanks, I’ve just opened a demo with them. I like their system already:)

I browsed the site of Stifx and it doesn’t seem very reliable. There are many pages that are empty and I’ve not been able to understand what kind of trading station or charting program do they use. Yes they’ve credit card funding and withdrawing, but also this link don’t work on the site.
However I think that I’ll remain focused on Alpari, because of I’m demo trading with them and till now I fell comfortable. The site is well done. The customer support (on the forum) seems very helpfull and quick and probably they will offer in a matter of weeks also credit card capabilities.
Also the reviews on forexbastards.com are very positive.
And so I renew the request I’ll be glad to know if someone has a live account with them and his impressions.
Corrado

Yes i agree with STIFX site is not that good. But i arise a question here, do you go to a broker by looking at there site, or you go to them if they offer good services and good execution?
A Company can cheat you by giving you a good site, and in end bad execution…
Its better to test out yourself… However i am satisfied client of STIFX, with there good customer support.
Best of luck though… cheerz.

I understand and I accounted this kind of things, I’m a trader (or at least) involved in this kind of matters by many years. I traded stocks, options and futures and so I know how to evaluate the various offers.
Your indication of Stifx has been very valuable for me (and I think also for many others!) but as I said I remained very negatively impressed by the really unusable and not informative website. With so many offers of forex brokers (and so many negative impressions regarding the majority of them), I have not been able to understand how to open a demo account with Stifx and how to simply download the charting and trading software. I think that this is a really negative “visit card”. I also read on other forums that Stifx has his employees advertising their services using fantasy identities on forex forums …
I trust in you, but till now yours is the only favourable opinion regarding Stifx.
However using their website is for me (probably my fault) not possible to evaluate directly them, because their links don’t work.
Mine impressions regarding Alpari.co.uk are instead really positive (I pinpoint that I don’t use scalping methods and for now I’m simply demo trading).
I hope that in this thread will be many positive (and by believable traders … not Stifx employees) impressions about Stifx and I hope also about Alpari.co.uk, because of my only interest is to have especially a serious and reliable broker (like you all :smiley: ).
Bye, Corrado.

Just for the sake of accuracy, they do impose a limit of 10 million :wink:

Thanks sword for that if I ever have $688,000 to invest in
forex I may not use my Oanda account.

NB 1pip = $2028.15
trade value = $13,730,000

if philipwa is the MD of stifx…
all his post in this forum (search and see) is on the broker, i have logged on and their site is enough to put you off. how can a broker who cannot manage its site manage my money:confused: :confused: :confused:

Please, i am also interested in alpari…it seems this forum is only for oanda fans, oanda is good but the plartform is not…not to mention that whenever my internet connection shakes, it takes long to reconnect.
if they can also use MT4, that will be xtremely 1deeful.

please someone with live alpari experience should come forward.

First of all let me be clear i have no links or md or something with STIFX.
I am there normal client, And i am happy, and since i am trading with them only i comment on them…
Thank you.

Hi,

I use a live account at Alpari UK and they’re fine. I never had a order execution time of 15 seconds. Most orders are processed within 4-5 seconds even during major news. This might be to much for scalpers but scalers shouldn’t use Alpari.

Regards - Xaron

Hi Guyz,

Which broker would you recommend for scalpers? I’m in UK and I use IG Index and Capital Spreads.

Hi,

I have a demo account with Alpair and actually seem to get instant execution (less than 1 second), despite what sone people are saying in this thread. I also spoke to their customer support (very impressed) who said that orders should go straight through, but he wasn’t sure if very large orders might sometimes go through a staff member.

Regards,

Pipalot

Hi Sexciam,

Please clarify what’s wrong doing scalping with the two spread betting brokers that you are currently using.

I presume that you use spread betting agencies such as these in order to take advantage of the tax free status available for us UK trader’s.

I have just started looking at finspreads.com and twowayfutures.com, do you have any knowledge of them?

Regards,

Pipalot :slight_smile:

I have a demo account with Alpair and actually seem to get instant execution (less than 1 second)

If you had bothered to read Alpari’s terms & conditions,
plus knew about how demo accounts work you would never
have written this.

I use a live account at Alpari UK and they’re fine. I never had a order execution time of 15 seconds. Most orders are processed within 4-5 seconds even during major news. This might be to much for scalpers but scalers shouldn’t use Alpari.

This was the type of response I was looking for, but one post in all
the time this thread has been active does not auger well.

Hi Daydreamer65,

Thanks for your post.

I admit that perhaps my post is a bit too over optimistic, I guess I didn’t explain myself very well. Actually, I have read Alpari’s terms and conditions and I do know how demo accounts work. I guess all that I was trying to say was that my demo trades seem to go through quite a bit quicker than expected (quicker than the 4-5 seconds that they say, and that you quoted below). I do of course realise that the live account execution takes longer with Alpari, but I was just starting to think that it too might also takes less than the quoted time of 15 seconds. I queried this on the phone and they waffled a bit and weren’t clear but tried to tell me that trades go straight through usually. Probably a bit of sales exageration.

In any case, at the moment I am just using Alpari demo account in order to get MT4 software. I think I saw in one of your other posts that you are in the UK, well me too. So in any case, spread betting agencies would seem to be the tax free way to trade, rather than a broker like Alpari.

Thanks and regards,

Pipalot
:slight_smile: