Alpari Options vs MB Trading

I have found some feedback in various threads about both companies but most information is somewhat dated and pre Dodd–Frank.

I’m looking to go with a new broker for my daily trading and MB seems like a good option, compared to Oanda, which I currently use. Oanda has been OK but as my account grows I’m concerned about stop-hunting and reports of “disappearing” trades. Plus, MB is supposed to get with Trade Interceptor, my favorite platform.

As for Alpari, I have read some frightening things. I am really interested in their FX options platform but I think the complexity of FX options may offer brokers a good way to mask “cheating”.

Anyone traded FX-options with Aplari?

I also have been looking at FX with Oanda and MBT. I have not consider Alpari as I have not heard good things. Have you actually experienced issues with Oanda or just read on forums? I think I might open accounts with both to test live.

I’m done with Alpari. I have been trading with them for about 4 months and its impossible to be profitable. Constant requotes and stop-hunting.

I just tried to open a trade six times so many seconds and was requoted continuously until the price became more comfortable for Alpari.

I have experimented with outrageous stops to see how far Alpari will hunt them. They always hit my stops unless I take on extreme risk.

Suspect!

Beware!

Hi ForexCalibur,

Thanks for your post.

Alpari (UK) does not stop-hunt. We receive prices from the market that is, more than 10 top-tier banks that stream their tradable prices onto our platforms. Any stops that were executed, were done owing to market movement. Should you however still believe a trade was incorrectly stopped out, please send the ticket details to <[email protected]> . We shall be happy to investigate.

As for re-quotes, they have been around ever since markets were allowed to float and are a natural consequence of that. If you are trading with the momentum of the market, and therefore by definition in the direction of least liquidity, then requotes are an inescapable fact of life that everyone has to deal with, from the busiest InterBank desks to the smallest retail trader.

The only current alternatives are DMA Pro accounts in which orders are sent on a Fill or Kill basis where although you can avoid requotes, the risk is not getting a trade in (or out) at your preferred price at all.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative