Alpari (UK) Announcements

Hi Babypips traders,

I’ve created this thread to help inform you about the latest announcements from Alpari UK. Updates such as holiday trading hours, new products, platform updates etc… will be posted here.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Dear Client,

Due to overwhelming client demand we will be making changes to the MetaTrader clock settings that will give you an extra hour to trade each week.

What is happening?

The MetaTrader clock on your platform will be switching from Central European Time (CET, GMT+2) to Eastern European Time (EET, GMT+3). The change will take effect at 0:00 EET Monday, 2 April 2012 (21:00 GMT, 22:00 BST Sunday).

What does this mean for you?

This small change will bring Alpari (UK) trading times into line with more markets for more clients. The greatest effect of this change will be at the weekly opening of the markets. You’ll now have an extra hour to place stops and limits or to adjust a position in response to any major market movements in the first hour of trading.

If you use an Expert Advisor (EA) which requires the GMT offset to be manually input, please ensure that this is adjusted to GMT+3 to reflect this change before the markets open.

We suggest on the first week this takes effect you pay special attention to your closing positions on Friday, 30 March and opening positions Sunday, 1 April 2012.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact your Client Services Team on +44 (0)20 7426 2900 or <[email protected]>.

Kind regards,

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

Alpari (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number is 448002. Registered Office: 201 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3AB. Registered in England; number 5284142.

Please be aware that due to the forthcoming Easter Holiday trading times for our Equity, Commodity & Index (CFD) products will be affected. All FX products excluding Gold & Silver Spot will trade normal hours on Friday 6th and Monday 9th. Precious Metal trading will be closed on Friday 6th but will open for normal trading on Monday 9th.

Commodity & Index trading times for Friday 6th April & Monday 9th April are listed below:
Opening Closing times

Kind regards,

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

Alpari (UK) launches the live MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platform with market depth and one-click trading. Traders can choose from 34 currency pairs plus spot gold and silver. MT5 is a completely new trading software designed by MetaQuotes Corp. and not an upgrade of the MetaTrader 4 platform.

The key benefits of MT5 trading with Alpari (UK) include:

* Non-dealing desk (NDD) execution with access to multiple liquidity providers (bank liquidity)
* Direct market access (DMA) and market depth to analyse market liquidity
* One-click trading and no re-quotes for speed of execution
* Spreads from 0 pips and up to 1:500 leverage
* New order types and advanced order expiration types including “fill or kill”

Alpari (UK) offers MT5 on the new ECN account that requires a minimum deposit of just USD200. For trades opened and closed by 1 July 2012, Alpari (UK) will charge no commission. From 2 July 2012 commission charges will apply.

With MT5 traders can apply their Expert Advisor (EA) strategies in a highly efficient way. EAs are mechanical systems that allow traders to fully automate their trading processes and analytical activities to execute trades more efficiently.

The new MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester enables traders to test and optimise EA strategies in minutes rather than hours. In order to optimise EAs, traders use historical data to find out how well a particular EA strategy would have performed in the past. This is the so-called backtesting. Many tests and strategy modifications are necessary before an EA is ready to be applied to a Live account. The Strategy Tester gives traders access to a remote computer cluster and the calculation capacity of thousands of computers all over the world to accelerate the optimisation process.

MT5 Market gives traders access to apps for the MT5 Terminal, for example technical indicators, EAs, control panels and analysis systems.

Find out more about the new ECN account, take a look at the FAQs and download MT5 to get all these benefits.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

Is it ECN ? If it is it means that sell or buy order will go directly to the liquidity poll/bankers… am i right…? or its just another market maker a/c with a diff. name and face? and also the minimum deposit money is $ 200? is it so …? if it is then its the lowest for a ECN a/c, never heard so minimum deposit… and how come the minimum trade size is 0.01 lots? for ECN it is 0.10 i guess… And how also it is diff. from ur Alpari Pro a/c in which u require $ 20000 deposit and minimum 3 lot size per trade…kindly explain… thanks

Hi Psaini1973,

Thanks for your interest in our ECN account.

We’ve compiled a list of answers to questions such as yours, on our most frequent customer queries page.

If you can’t find the information you’re looking for please contact our Client Services between 07.00-22.00, Monday to Friday on +44 (0)20 7426 2900 or via email on <[email protected]>

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

hi… i read all the details in the link you provided but couldn’t finds the ansrs to my question, any ways thanks.

What’s the difference between alpari UK, alpari US, alpari com, etc
I find many sites of alpari broker around

Hi Sura,

Happy to help.

Each of our associated companies form a separate legal entity.

Should you want more details about any specific entity in a region, please click on the link below:
Alpari Global Homepage

Cheers,

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

Great, thank you for info, will check it out!

Alpari (UK) clients can now access the powerful MetaTrader platforms on their Android device with the free MT4 for Android app and MT5 for Android app by MetaQuotes.

Analyse the markets using real-time interactive charts and trade on the move. The Android apps provide you with real-time quotes of financial instruments so that you can open and close positions as if you were at your desk. Another handy feature is that you can view your account history on your Android device to analyse past trades.

Our MetaTrader clients can also enjoy mobile trading with the free MT4 iOS app and MT5 iOS app.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

Alpari (UK) is pleased to announce that MetaQuotes have released an update to their MetaTrader 5 iPhone app. This release includes several important updates:

1. An extended list of supported technical indicators - 30 indicators are available now, like in the desktop version of the MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform.

2. The appearance of technical indicators is now customizable, you can change the line colour and width.

3. Push notifications are now an integral part of the MetaTrader 5 iPhone mobile trading platform. With the updated version, you can receive notifications in your MetaTrader 5 iPhone from the MetaTrader 5 Platform.

4. The new version also offers an improved program interface and optimized history downloading.

Do not forget to update your MetaTrader 5 iPhone app to access all the new features.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

Dear Babypips trader,

Please be aware that trading in the below products will be closed on 1st May 2012 due the European Labor Day holiday being observed.

Stoxx 50
German 30
French 40
Share CFDs traded on Deutsche Borse AG

Normal trading hours will resume on 2nd May 2012.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Client Services by telephone +44 (0)20 7426 2900 or email <[email protected]>

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

Dear Babypips traders,

Please be aware that Monday, 7 May 2012 is a bank holiday in the UK.
Consequently, several departments at Alpari (UK) will be affected:

Dealing Desk: Fully operational Normal hours
Sales: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Client Services: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Account Opening: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Partnerships: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Back Office: Unavailable

Live Chat will not be available on 7 May.

Normal working hours will resume on Tuesday, 8 May 2012.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

From 1 June 2012, MetaQuotes, the provider of the MetaTrader 4 platform, will cease providing support for MT4 terminals earlier than build 416.

According to MetaQuotes, client terminals below build 416 will not be able to connect to trade servers which means that updates and trading will be disabled.

How do I know if I need to upgrade?

If you’re not sure whether you need to upgrade or not, it’s easy to find out which version you are using:
• Go to the “Help” menu in the MT4 toolbar
• Select “About”
• The build number is noted in the left hand side of the “About” window
• If you see a build number lower than 416, you will need to upgrade

Upgrading is simple

If you do need to upgrade, you can quickly download the latest version of Metatrader 4.

Alexander Chadwick

Please be aware that due to the forthcoming Memorial Bank Holiday trading times for our Equity, Commodity & Index (CFD) products will be affected. All FX products including Gold & Silver Spot & futures will trade normal hours on Monday 28th May.

Commodity & Index trading times for Monday 28th May are listed below:

Alexander Chadwick

Hi Alexander

I’ve joined Alpari UK last week. I’ve opened a spread bet account. After joining, i’ve started reading reviews of Alpari. I couldn’t really find any good reviews. I am a bit concerned now. Personally i can’t see any problems with Alpari, but all these reviews makes me worry.

1. What is it about requotes everybody talks about with Alpari?
  2. What about SL hunting? Is that even possible? I thought there are no human intervention.
  3. What about taking double spreads?

I’m not saying i believe all these bad reviews. I just need a bit of reassurance.

Regards

Hi xxxTRADERxxx,

Thanks for your post. I’ll address each of your questions in turn.

1. What is it about requotes everybody talks about with Alpari?

Requotes have been around ever since markets were allowed to float and are a natural consequence of that.

If you are trading with the momentum of the market, and therefore by definition in the direction of least liquidity, then requotes are an inescapable fact of life that everyone has to deal with, from the busiest InterBank desks to the smallest retail trader.

To minimize re-quotes:

a. “Enable the maximum deviation for quoted price” checkbox and set it above 10. This implies the max deviation is just 1 pip. To prevent re-quotes during volatile trading times, you may want to set the max deviation between 10 to 40 points (1 to 4 pips).

b. If you use an MT4 indicator to detect spread widening, please make sure that your indicator is configured for the 5 decimal pricing system that we use. Otherwise a 3 pip spread-widening will be shown as 30 pips by the indicator.

c. Another thing to consider is your internet connection to our servers. Test your latency by pinging the Alpari trading servers or just ping alpari.co.uk. If your latency is high (higher ms numbers), then this is one of the factor causing your orders to be re-quoted.

For example, let’s say a client is complaining about re-quotes. He gives us an account number and we pull the logs. We find that we received his order at let’s say, 9:01:11 and sent the execution back at 9:01:12, so less than a second. He claims it took two minutes and was requoted. Now, his logs showed that the order was placed by him (manually) at 8: 59:50. So, yes, assuming all timestamps are correct, that looks like 2 minutes, but we can clearly see that from the time it was received on our end until the time of execution it was barely only a second, hardly a bad time.

Traders in UK and Europe enjoy significantly lower latencies (hence higher speed execution) and experience almost no re-quotes (when maximum deviation setting is correct) than other traders usually in Asia, Australia, Africa or in countries where the internet is routed via proxies such as Saudi Arabia.

2. What about SL hunting? Is that even possible? I thought there are no human intervention.

3. What about taking double spreads?

Alpari (UK) does not stop hunt nor take double spreads.

We have always maintained transparency and encouraged our clients to approach us should they at all experience any specific issues. Should you or anyone else have any particular concerns that you would like to discuss, email us at <[email protected]> . We’re here to help.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick

Please be aware that trading in the below products will be closed on 4th & 5th June 2012 due to the Spring bank holiday and the Queens Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday being observed.

LSE – *.UK
FTSE 100 – UK100.

Normal trading hours will resume on Wednesday 6th June 2012.

Alexander Chadwick

Dear Traders,

Please be aware that Monday, 4 June and Tuesday, 5 June 2012 are bank holidays in the UK.

Consequently, several departments at Alpari (UK) will be affected:

Dealing Desk: Fully operational Normal hours
Sales: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Client Services: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Account Opening: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Partnerships: Skeleton staff 09:00 – 17:00
Back Office: Unavailable

Live chat will not be available during this period.

Normal working hours will resume on Wednesday, 6 June 2012.

Alexander Chadwick