Alpari UK

Hey people,

Do any of you have an constructive views on Alpari UK as a broker. These can be good or bad?

Thanks

Nothing to complain so far regarding a stp broker. The spreads are almost stable at 1.6 pips now and those days (rather nights) with 10+ pips spread seems to be over. However, spreads of some pairs are still higher than other brokers. Best ist probably there that they have now a lot of futures, commodities and stocks/equities to trade.

I really like their PAMM… It’s a best implementation PAMM accounts =)

I have used them for about 3 months now. The moment I breached the 5k USD profit treshold, funny things started to happen - 30+ pip slippages, terminal freezes, etc. I lost about 1k because of this. Initially I blamed myself for all this, I mean, it’s a risky game and we all know what we are up against, but then I did a small experiment: I have two alpari accounts (both live, one USD one EUR). I placed the same exact stop orders and stop losses on both of them. the more profitable account slipped past the S/L by 16.7 pips (resulting in pretty big loss) while the less profitable was closed at the correct S/L. I am still to hear from Alpari UK about this. I am now looking for a new broker…

hey, if you could keep me updated on the response from Alpari that would be great. Im looking at placing a rather large deposit with them, considerably more than $5K. It does sound worrying, although, I am aware that whole LOT bets are placed onto the intra-market and any bets less than 1 lot have to be filled internally by the books of the broker.

However, I’d be very interested in their response.

I sure will. I trade 1 or 2 lots (no micro lots). I opened the account just to test Alpari and test my algs. But as I said, things started to behave weirdly after I crossed that 5k pure profit line. It may by just a coincidence. I was about to switch to the pro account which is supposedly ECN. Who knows. All I want is a broker that provides a “trading service.” All the retail brokers become your oponents in a self destructive game. The more you lose, the more they gain…

An update on Alpari UK:

Regarding the fishing activity I have not yet heard back. I sent them an email “threatening” that I will complain to FSA if they won’t get back to me soon - no response yet. I believe the law in UK gives them 8 weeks (don’t quote me on that).

I withdrew about 2k USD from the account - smooth process, no delays, no problems. I’ve heard some bad stories about taking cash out of forex accounts, so far I have not experiences this with Alpari.

…yes, I am looking also forward what they will answer.

I had two REAL-money accounts with Alpari UK and I am completely satisfied. They replied all the emailes I sent them very quickly, there were no requotes in my experience and had no problems with them. I could recommend them!