Alright guys, no BS has anyone ever bought a ea and made good money?

[QUOTE=“Pollar;690622”] I hope this will prevent traders from throwing money down the drain.[/QUOTE]

I won’t. There will always be those that dispel logic and sound reasoning in return for the cheap thrill of a fast buck.

[QUOTE=“mastergunner99;690625”] I won’t. There will always be those that dispel logic and sound reasoning in return for the cheap thrill of a fast buck.[/QUOTE]

Would be super nice if I could edit posts from the mobile app.

Yup, I run a couple of EA’s on live accounts…! If they were not successful then my accounts would bust and I would be on the sidelines. Of course, I did not get here overnight and went through the pain of 4 years in the hole and a wife beating every night but I survived because I never gave up and had the will so there had to be a way…!!! If enough people say I am full of BS or are genuinely interested I may start a live account just for you to monitor from start to…

I agree with the view that no sensible EA developer/owner would ever actually Sell an EA that’s making “good money” - consistently. What those with proven money-making EA’s might offer is a fund management service where all profits over and above your initial deposits are shared. One such example you’ll find at the following link MAM-PAMM - Forex Fund Management. Note that this is purely an example and not a recommendation.

Just interested bro, did you purchase the bots or build/have built for you?

I think that the biggest problem with any EA or automated system is the misconception of how they are intended to function. Many that are available for sale tend to over hype what the actual performance of the system is.

To me, automated systems are 1. Give you an edge 2. Supplement or diversify other investing/trading practices and 3. Provide systematic risk management.

When I say “Give an edge” I simply mean a method which is systematically designed for a risk-reward ratio of greater than 1:1 over the course of a sizable sample size of forward or live tested data. With a higher risk reward ratio, it will, in all theory make more money given enough trades and that it doesn’t blow up the account with a bad drawdown streak.

Most people in the retail space feel that these systems should yield profitable trades 80+% of the time which is unrealistic unless you are using a martingale strategy (which in that case it works until the one time it doesn’t.) Drawdowns and losing trades occur and with the leverage involved with futures, just a couple losing trades will cause people to abandon the system. The notion of making reliable or consistent profit off of any trading system is a red flag and as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, if the system is truly a golden goose, why would somebody sell it to jeopardize their edge?

Automated trading can and in a number of ways does work however people need to understand what an automated system can and can not do.

Interesting, after reading about John Ehler’s approach he definitely has a different approach to trading. I would like to hear more on how you use his ideas to trade with.

'best

Darth

That picture is my life,lol. I cannot think about anything but forex well maybe kung fu from time to time but its 99% fx and 1% kung fu. Yeah my wife give me a hard time about spending all my time on the pc but doubt she be complaining when the £££ is coming in. This game is a career not a get rich quick scheme. Oh btw Love you wifey!

'best

darth

Just to way in, risk to reward is a myth. the market doesn’t care about your R:R. But agree on Provide systematic risk management and execution.

Also I have an EA that i’m working with that yields 3000% but jus a drawdown of 75%. its a weird graph. But your right you wouldn’t want to use it live as the losing trades would make you panick.

'best

darth

Hi Darth. I am currently using Ehlers’ low pass digital filter any place I’d use a moving average since it outperforms the moving average drastically. I also use his instantaneous trend line, which is simply a low pass filter connected in series with a high pass filter. Specifically, I use a price series smoothed with the lowpass filter crossing the instantaneous trendline as a signal that a trend change has occurred. Sometimes it provides a good signal, sometimes not. It certainly doesn’t eliminate whipsaws from a trend following system. But it definitely beats a moving average cross-over!

I am working on using his cycle tools as well, but so far haven’t built any successful system that uses them. I think that his roofing filter and band-pass filter have promise, as does his autocorrelation and convolution approaches (which he presented in ‘Cycle Analytics for Traders’). Likewise, his sine wave indicator from ‘Rocket Science for Traders’ excites me…but I am yet to build a successful forex system around it.

Sounds good, i use a 20 sma and a 100 ema to trade manually with. BUT i’ll take good look at these. where can i find these indicators?

Ehlers provides Easy Language code in his books (Easy Language is used by the TradeStation platform). You’d need to convert them to MQL if you want to use them with MT4. I’m sure you’d find that someone has already done that if you searched some of the other popular forex forums.

Alright mate.

No it looks more like a cheap scammer. C’mon guys - the website itself says everything.

Thanks for your questions? I will try to answer some of them here…

1. I had it programmed for me

2. I use it to Manage my account and others on profit sharing

3. I use it to double my account then withdraw under half and start again

4. I double my account every month

5. I do use some discretion turning on / off when high impact news is expected

You can search MyFxbook for “RaVonX” and look at my accounts there or search “fast n furious (real)”

By adding your fxbook, it comes across as soliciting.

WHAT…? Just answering thread question with a lil proof…!!! Soliciting what, may I ask…??? I would NEVER sell my EA…:18:

Well… dear RaVonX actually I did check your MyFxbook history and actually wat it shows there is no where nearly doubling your account each month, it’s more like 10% instead of 100%…

Dear darthfrancis, seeing this forum as a potential way to improve our trading, pershaps you could change the title to…

“Alright guys, no BS has anyone ever bought a ea and made good money? Don’t comment on robots that don’t work or say manual trading is better. Only participate if you are making money with an ea and you are willing to share it here, otherwise I’ll kick you out of the tread”

or something like that…

The tread has pages and pages of eas that don’t work. And a little spamming also. Have a nice day!

Many EAs I’ve seen do very well for months or even years, then fall off a cliff instantly. This is probably because the manager set-it and forgot it, instead of re-optimizing it periodically and managing vigilantly. Also, backtesting and forward testing is imperative to a good EA working well. It’s easy to find a form fitted strategy that has a straight line up almost on the chart, because it simply found a specific set of circumstances with certain parameters that were very successful in a specific period of time. But once you move a few days out of that specified time period, the strategy fails. That’s why robustness tests and forward testing is key. There are methods and software packages out there to do this for you, even if you’re not a programmer.

I develop my own EAs using complex software for non-programmers that performs rigorous backtests and forward tests, and I’m having success so far. So I have complete control of the strategies, only it automatically trades 24 hours a day flawlessly and efficiently because it eliminates human error, trades no matter where I am (even asleep :slight_smile: and trades immediately once a signal is triggered instead of having to wait for me to respond.