Alright guys, no BS has anyone ever bought a ea and made good money?

Thanks for the advice, but everyone’s opinion is valid until proven its not.

'best

darth

Can i have a copy lol

'best

darth

darthfrancis
I found it. I FOUND IT. It’s not perfect and has some issues. But it does make a profit, that’s a fact and I will prove it and it cost me $15 on the MQL5 market. But before everyone runsto buy it I must explain the PROBLEMS of the EA.

See the results in my real account here:
Aragon Equity International Fund 2 System by holyltd | Myfxbook

BUT NOW READ THE PROBLEMS OF THE ROBOT! BE CAREFUL!

1. Main problem, the author of the robot is Russian. Anything you may ask him will be responded with some pharagraphs that you will be able to understand about 30%.

2. The robot does not come with a manual. On the website, the author very briefly explains the default parameters. HE DOES NOT SAY AT ANY MOMENT if you should let them at the default set or if you can change them. You should NOT CHANGE THEM for any reason. I have proven that if you move them, there will be no profit.

3. The last parameter, STOP TRADING, is set to false. If you set it to true, it’s supposed to watch the open trades, close them in profit, and stop trading. This is supposed to be useful to withdraw profits or change anything, like the lot size. the problem is that: SOMETIMES, WHICH ARE LIKE 50% OF THE TIMES, When you set this parameter to TRUE, instead of watching the open trades and close them in profit, it will just ignore them and not open more trades. The open trades may go to a loss until you notice the robot is ignoring them, and you have to manually close them in loss. I discussed this with the author and he cynically accepted this mistake.

4. What the robot does is open one trade using an indicator that has about 60%-70% of probability to close in profit with 10 pips. If the trade goes in drawdown of 50 pips, it will open a series of opposite trades increasing the lot size. Once they altogether have a profit that’s similar in dollars to what you would have made with 10 pips in profit, it will close all trades and you will make a profit.

5. This means, that you will make a profit that’s the same as if you made several 10 pip trades during the day, but sometimes, in order to do that profit, the robot will use a lot of capital. You should be very careful about how many pairs to trade and which will the initial lot size be.

6. Also, because the author is Russian, AND PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY EVERYONE He explains the capital management of the robot TERRIBLY BADLY on the page. What he means is:
    “If you type on MM $200, then for every $200 on your account, the robot will open a trade of size 0.01. If you have $1000, the trade would be 0.05 lit size. If you have $1000 on your account and you type $500, then the first trade will be 0.02 lot size. If you type $1000 then the first trade will be 0.01 lot size”. Please guys save yourselves some headaches and read this well before you try to use the robot. Other wise, if you leave 0, the capital management will be inactive, and you can type on parameter LOT the lot size of the first trade to be open.

7. VERY IMPORTANT. This is nowhere on the page. Don’t change the TIME PERIOD of a chart once the robot is attached. Use 15M or 1H only. If you change the period, the robot will also ignore all open trades and leave them go into loss.

8. Do not use 5M or 1 M. The author reccomends 1H or 15M.

9. Use a variety of pairs with same lot size. ardly ever, it will loose money, and this is because at the moment the 10 pip profit is made after opening many trades, it will close them at the same time. If in the few seconds it takes to close them, the market moves swiftly, the robot will not detect the price movement and will close them anyway, so the overall profit may be changes by an overall loss. This has happened to me with GBP/JPY a couple of times.

I’m not sure if using it on H1 would solve the problem, I’m using it on M15 and I tried M5 before (don’t use M5).

And by the way. I’m not an affiliate of that robot, I don’t sell it, I don’t get a comission, I’m not the author, I don’t sell robots, I don’t sell products, I don’t sell signals, I don’t sell life insurance, I don’t sell Avon products… welll you guys get the idea…

This is how you find the robot: I WILL NOT GIVE AN AFFILIATE LINK. i DON’T SELL THE ROBOT. i DON’T WANT TO MAKE AN AFFILIATE PROFIT.

1. Go to Mql5.com
  2. Click on Market
  3. On the higher part, you’ll see Metatrader 5 robots. Scroll a little down the page and you’ll see Metatrader 4 robots. To the right of Metatrader 4 sentence, you’ll see the link SEE ALL.
  4. Click the SEE ALL on Metatrader 4 link
  5. On the right of the page, you’ll see a search filter. type the name of the robot: double shot then click filter.

There you are, there’s the robot.

PS. I’m not suggesting anyone here to buy it. I’ve been using it for 10 days and it’s very little time to see if it will be profitable in the long term. However, it’s currently making an overall profit of 0.5% daily, which is not bad at all, with very little drawdown.

PS2. Guys please read my warnings, don’t try to jump on it and put all your capital in it just because it’s cheap.

I saw you took your money out from the EA… what happened? looks like the ea was doing good… 10% monthly is not bad

You’re right, I should have updated here!

Here’s what happened:

Yes, the profit was good and 10% in a month was not bad. I closed the account and opened a new one with the same broker.

The first one was a CENT account, which my broker handled as a market maker. The new one is a dollar account, which my broker handles as STP. I first opened the cent account because my funds are really small, and as soon as it was possible I changed to dollar STP account. My profits in the cent account came from my broker’s and other traders’ pockets and I felt guilty, I have a good relationship with my broker and I really like them.

Now with the STP account the profits come from the real currency market and guilt is gone. Here’s the new account, it’s going good so far.

Aragon Equity Services FX Fund 2 System by holyltd | Myfxbook

Have a nice day! God bless you

GUYS PLEASE KINDLY NOTE: That I changed the account I used with the robot, you can monitor the robot in my new account here:

Aragon Equity Services FX Fund 2 System by holyltd | Myfxbook

Read the cautions list!

No EA’s last forever without the parameters being changed? Why? Market conditions continually change. The market drivers continually change. Participants and strategies change. So why would an EA with no change continue to make money?

And if someone did build a profitable EA that lasted even half a year, why would they sell it? They could make way more money keeping it to themselves rather than letting the inefficiency the EA is based around get destroyed. That conflict of interest is why you should be skeptical of purchasing any EA.

I can see lot of EAs in the market without backtest. I normally rely on atleast 6 months forward test myfxbook verified results. If there are myfxbook verified results and there are users running with good comments and acceptable level of drawdown then i normally go with assuming other factors looks reasonable, most of the time we get good BTs but when it comes to forward test it flop, but BT can be good if supported by forward test and EA run in similar manner.

Holytd, have you had a chance to backtest the EA on mt4 strategy tester?

Actually, I don’t. I noticed a time ago that my backtest results were very different to those of Robopip, so I do never backtest. If you want you can backtest it without buying it, that’s possible now at the mql5 website. However, that feature is also something I don’t understnad

If you want to have a concrete chance to earn money with an EA you need 2 things:

1. A succesfull forward test fully verified by Myfxbook with at least 1 year of history
  2. Good longterm Backtests (performed by yourself or by a friend) results where trades triggered on BT match with trades triggered on the real account. Why BTs are so important? because few months of succesfull trading are not enough, because do not permit to see how the EA behave in different market conditions

If an EA does not comply to those 2 rules, simply skip it

Also, once u have found an EA which comply to these 2 rules, u have also to accept the DD periods and to not stop the EA after a string of losses: losses are a part of the game

Hey Corre71, thanks for your thoughts. Do you have any suggestions for such EAs? Or do you develop your own trading strategies?

Hi Pinter, no, at the moment i do not run my strategies for lack of time but in the past i was a manual trader. Currently i run commercial expert advisors. Me ah other friend here Are comune from another forum where we have deeper discusse di and analyzed almost every commercial EA. As for me i had mixed results:
With some eas i have lost a lot of money, while on some other have earned a lot of money, so i have started to create a set of rules about what eas ar worth to run. First i will never run again any type of grid or martigrid. Then on my bigger accounts i run only EAs with good real forward tests and good long term Backtests (performed by myself with Tick datas, vendor BTs Are usually crappy). Also i look at the vendor reputation.
So, on my bigger accounts i run only:
Cabex by Phibase
Rayscalper by Phibase
IProfit by Phibase (this is losing money but eurusd is profitable so Currently running only this pair, but Strangely i am having much better results than the vendor so maybe is better u skip this)
Easy Walker by Argolag (is ah excellent asian scalper but need to be used on Pepperstone or IC Markets) from few days i ma running it Also on my bigger Activtrades account and resukts Are Ok, and when will have more details will post in the relative thread
Forex Real Profit EA: it uses 5 strategies on 10 pairs and Currently is the EA with the oldest account with succesfull history and the support is excellent. I like a lot the asian scalper staretgy 1 and the breakout strategy of this.
FE Combination, a combination of 5 strategies and latency this is my best performer togheter with Cabex
Keltner Pro, only eurusd and gbpusd
Monetizer only eurusd (but i make manual,intervention on this and so my resukts Are much better than the vendor)
Imhave faced some deep DD cause by other eas, but in few weeks i have recovered all and now in green.
I have opened a thread for almost all,These EAs and u can Also google to fund more infos
Currently running another EA which does not only to theße rules, but because the developer is an old and venerabile member of our old community and the namemof the EA is Zamolxis. On the developer website there is a full Forex course that i suggest to every nebbie fo read (longtermforx.com)
No one of These eas Are the Holygrail and everyone will afce DD periods but my confidente in them will help me psycologically to facce such bad periods (mikepipmaker is an expert in this). I suggest u to read the Mark Douglas book Trading in the zone
On my smaller rebates account i run Also other eas for rebates purposes:
Forex Diamond, a good scalper but sometimes in few time lose a lot, but generate huge rebates
Forex Polygon, by a dpserious developer, but the EA is unstable, but generate huge rebates too
Wall street, a very well known robot with default sets only GU and EU
Volatility factor default settings only gbpusd low risk
I Also run a very old EA, Megadroid
If u have any other question simply ask
Before to buy something make ur own evaluation, because what is good for me wil not be good for u. Consider Also the risk level to use and ask for suggestion to the vendor or to experienced friends

On the mql market, there is a Price Action robot called PA TRADE. It has 7-year backtests and 1-year forward live myfxbook. I find it interesting that it relies on price action patterns instead of some random combination of indicators.
I’m about to buy it this week to test it on a real account with 0.01 lots to see its behavior. I know that an EA cannot replace a human trading but I believe this one can give an hedge.
Anyone want to share the cost with me to use it?

I have a kind of bizarre outlook on this whole thing. First thing I would like to say is that I do believe an EA can make money but for how long before it’s batteries run out? Who knows. The other thing is that I’m 100% behind signal providers and here is why. In the short amount of time that I’ve been forex trading I’ve already lost just about 1800 dollars from my personal trades but I only ever started with 1000. Sure I’ve had some profitable trades as well but far more losses.

This is made possible by signal providers. I simply take the profits they make me and play like it’s monopoly money because to me it kind of is. Is this sustainable? Who knows. But it sure is a valuable education tactic.

But to circle back to my original point is that most of these signals I follow are clearly EA’s or the fastest trade opener in the world! I think all these types of things have their place in this game and will probably never stop subbing to signals and using EA’s even if I reach the level of success at forex that I’m looking for.

Oh and if anyone is wondering, the only way I can achieve sizable profits is to manipulate the signals because the providers always have more money so it naturally lowers my position. I probably don’t have to explain the cracks in the foundation a plan like this has but it’s been fun so far :smiley:

It costs 999 usd and with no possibility to refund. Anyway u can subscribe to their signals for 35 usd month. The problem is that from my experience mql signals Are affected by huge slippage

Espert advisors are nothing more and nothing less than automated mechanical strategies. If a strategy is good it will earn money, if it is bad it will lose, manually or automated. As for signal providers, if EA based is the same, an automated strategy. I do not like signals based on EA because will not be able to perform my own Tick datas Backtests and so it will broke my rules for a profitable automated trading. For signals i would use them only if based on manual trading (from some well known traders: example FX Viper or Trade2FI Max profit).
Now it is a lot of time that togheter with some good friends i am using and testing many EAs (on my PC i have hundreds of EAs) almost full time and on some lost a lot of money and on some earned a lot of money, so i have asked myself what was important to understand if an EA can be profitable or not. The answer is simple:
An EA should have the following:
A nice forward test on a real account for at least 1 year
Nice long term BTs (but u need to perform ur own BT and to be able to undereatnd if BT Are reliable or not, and this need a lot of experience and hard work)
Usually good EAs Are from proven reliable developers
This is only the starting point, because then u need to choose the right broker, the right money managment and psycologically u need to face drawdown periods.
Most people think that automated trading is an easy task, but it is not: it need hard work.
As for the need to update EAs, it is true, some of them (but not all) need some updates and good vendors / developers usually release new versions or updated setfiles on a regular basis. One thing u Also need to recognize is ah overoptimized EA: when an ea to be profitable need many indicators/filters, it is a Classic example of an overoptimized EA: it will fail in the medium run. Fortunately BTs shows this: when an ea performa nicely for the most recent periods and bad in the long run, u have an overoptimized EA and u have simply to refund it.

hi i give you some advice about pa trade.
i buy it at this year February,and pa trade use daily chart for 15 forex pairs and also for xauusd,
the orders all by pending when the market open time(now for gmt+3 broker is about broker time 0:05).
also can use on other gmt time broker,but the pending orders has small differents(i don’t know how to explain,the other time broker has not the same daily chart,so it will use H1 history to calculate daily history)[also can run on other time chart,but vendor’s setting is for daily chart,so other time chart setting need do by yourself.]

usually,the first or even the second months will loss,because this EA has low winning rate about 39-40%,and use long term strategy. all orders has sl,some has tp,some no tp,and some of them has Tracking stop-loss.

The usa broker can’t use it.and for leverage 1:100 or 1:80 need do 0.01lot every $20000,DD% the bad time is less than 20%,for me from 02/01/2015 untill now ddmax is 15%,but i run about 0.01 every $1500-2000,and at that time i pm the vendor in the mql5 market and buy pa trade at $590 for 5 pc(no matter how many mt4 account),and he also told me can buy through other way that can use for 10 mt4 account,so if you want just pm him and cut the price…

below is my results,run pa trade from 2/1/2015,and begin with $20000,0.1 lot,later is $40000,0.2-0.25 lot,look at the first pic…the fist tag at that time my account Equit is 105%+ of the balance,but!!!at that time Yellen or some other ppl has a big news,the market price go against the tend hardly,so many orders hit SL,and Tracking stop-loss(big distance),and tigger the pending orders,and go on hit sl…i not Manual intervention.(the best closed profit orders is nearly 700 pips,and worst orders loss 200pips,you can check vendors myfxbook) today also face this problem,the second tag,tody my equit is more than 110%,but…you can see the pics,the market go against the tend hardly…so some times manual intervention or not,it’s hard to choose…

ps:
1,i don’t have license now,my friends and me used all
2,i run all forex pairs except chf pais,and not run xauusd.

That is why i love forums on expert advisors: when i see a real user (i know goodexp very well) speaking abut an EA, i know that it is for real. Seems an interesting EA, but for me the price is too high.
Can u post the myfxbook link?

corre71 you have my linke,in your myfxbook Forex real account-4 now is Real account-4,you have added it in your wath list.that’s a private link,but i think you can watch it.and choose Custom Analysis from 02/01/2015 till now.(please not share to others)

if fact in i manual intervention(when Equity 110%+),has three times chance,the results will not 18%,should be 50% or more.