Am I Ready To Go Live?

Hi all! I have been trading options for quite a while now on demo. I have experienced ups and downs but, over the last few months, my account growth have been really steady. My all time highest ROI is now currently 1300%+

I still find it difficult to start with live money. How much is “ready enough” for you?

It’s totally your call only you will know when your ready! Sorry I can’t be more help. It just depends how ready you feel.

10 thousand

no, definitely not

at the moment, you’re assessing the wrong criteria, because you haven’t yet learnt which criteria are relevant and important, or why

that isn’t relevant to the question you asked (it may be relevant to other things, of course)

the relevant parameter with which to replace that one is the size of your biggest ptt drawdown, and over a series of how many trades

it isn’t possible to assess your risk, without knowing that as a starting point

no criticism meant, but the fact that you don’t yet know this means that you’re definitely not ready to go live

again, no criticism intended, but that’s a really bad approach

that’s just guessing, really

1 Like

The real learning starts when you have real money on the line.

Stop overthinking it for a few hundred dollars and a pack of chewing gum at risk per trade.

Do it, just do it.

Hey @flamingoproxy. Thanks for your input. I have gone through my trading statement and after 412 trades, my virtual balance has grown from $10,000 to $114,482. My biggest drawdown was about 51%. A series of ferocious bearish movement after an expected upward movement hit a portfolio of my open trades hard and threw my balance from $40,517 to $20,712. I have then built it steadily from there to where it is now.

What do you mean?