Amazing Crossover System - 100+ pips per day!

Hi there,

Thanks for the compliment.

I have created a new, similar system which uses the Daily Charts. It has a much greater profit potential. Plus you don’t have to spend all day in front of the charts.

You can find it in the free forex trading systems page.

Take care,

-ForexPhantom-

ForexPhantom: Very nice!!! I’ve been trading with a cross over method similar to what you mentioned. Never with the RSI. I had been using the Demarker and Williams %R. Made two trades this morning using the 50 mark point on the RSI. I think this baby may have some potential! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Very difficult book to get through and heavily reliant on indicators.

or an easy loss when it whipsaws and doesn’t hit your TP :slight_smile:

So, how long have you been running this system? Have you considered adding bollinger bands to confirm oversold and overbought levels?
Any EAs to backtest this strategy that you know of?
I’m a bit weary to use crossover systems as the biggest problems are:

• whipsaws
  • ranging periods where multiple buy and sell signals are given (RSI filters some of that but it will give at least 1 signal which might be false)
  • large drawdowns because entry is not ideal as the crossover lags a bit

…even though price may often move in the indicated direction.

I’m experimenting, and quite frankly this is pretty awesome. For now I’m just analyzing, from my perspective, everytime the yellow EMA’s crossing the red EMA, a change in trend is occuring right after a couple of candlesticks.

Awsome!

Remember that the moving average moves on you so in hindsight you can see the exact cross, in real time, the cross will happen a few candles later giving you a lagged signal.
I am interested in hearing about the whipsaws as that is the 1 factor most at risk with moving average methods. First I look back through the charts and look for all the periods where price doesn’t move much and see all the false signals given. The RSI filters this to some extent but with only a period of 10, it is also subject to spiky movement.
?

WHat do you do if a crossover occurs but the RSI doesn’t crossover until 3 or 4 candles later, do you still take the trade or do you only take the trade if the RSI shows an entry at the exact time the MAs cross?

Hey All,

I’ve been following this post for some time and still have a question.

Do you people wait for the candle to close when you see EMA crossing? Or do you jump in right a way when EMA crosses?
Considering RSI is crossing 50 up/down and MACD is also moving the right way.

In this screenshot RSI has past 50, MACD is also moving up. The EMA’s have crossed two times within this candle. Should you enter or wait for the candle to close?

Greetings Testertje

Dear Sir.,
I am a newbie,your system is so wonderfull,couldn’t thank you enough,I am eating healthy greeney pips at eur/jpy now by following your system:),thank you very much

Hi,

The system look good and very simple, I’m new in Fx trading, please what is the input of your MACD setting. Thanks, hoping to receiving your reply

Yep, pretty much wot I use. If you wanna be more agressive it can be used in lower time frames, But take care out of hours as the RSI can be a lying toad during these periods.

Sorry, also it “koalas” nicely with a longer MA, say about 30.

I wonder if anybody made any EA out of this.

Seems like it would be easy to.

Hello forum. I was wondering if anybody has use this system on any lower time-frame. I am starting with a low deposit, and 1hr might swing too much and give me a margin call, even with a mini lot.

Just wondering with this system if the 5EMA crosses the 10 Ema as it has done with the EUR/USD a couple of hours ago, the RSI is above 50 which is all the signals for a long trade do you take the trade against the main trend

Hi Forexphantom.

Is is possible if you could attach or send me by e-mail the system that you use to make 100 pips or more a day please?

Thanks to ForexPhantom for sharing the signal.

Regarding the whipsaw, i suggest they can also use the SMA 21 APPLY TO MEDIAN PRICE. just to confirm the signal. this is a very strong signal for positioning.

thanks

nolyab

Hi,
Anyone build a VT trading system for this?

Hi,
Is anyone using this system? What are the success odds for this system? I’m not expecting a 100% system, but a system with a good success rate. I’m using OANDA, so please help me with RSI 10 for this system, in OANDA we have for RSI as below:

Period(No. of ticks)
Overbought threshold (by default it is 70)
Oversold Threshold(by default it is 30)

So how do I set the RSI required for this system in OANDA, anyone please help.

Thanks
Mani