Amazing Crossover System - 100+ pips per day!

I just recently found out about RoboPips and the EA that was created. In my opinion, the Daily Crossover system is superior to this system. But a lot of it depends on trading personality. If you like to make frequent trades, this is better. If you prefer less frequent trades with bigger profits, the daily crossover is the way to go.

Both can be good, just depends on what you prefer. I reckon if you guys keep testing this system, and I keep testing the other system, we’ll know a bit about both after awhile. :slight_smile:

Sounds good. I like trading less frequently, so the daily crossover system does sound appealing. Maybe I will test both…

I was trying to find out from RoboPips but not answer yet - did he create an EA to test this system?

I have a question on setting up RSI. I use MetaTrader 4.

You stated that RSI setting is “RSI (10 - Apply to Median Price: HL/2)”

Is it correct to change the Value in Inputs tab to 14?
I cannot find any setting that allow me to change the applied price to “HL/2.” Please advise.

What you have pictured looks correct. In the about column, or somewhere on there, there should be a way to set it to median price. If you need help, I’ll create a template later (or check the forum to see if someone else has).

ForexPhantom,

What is the name of your Daily Crossover thread?

Thx

Hi, a newbie here! Few notes here from me.

Do you apply the EMA`s same as the RSI? Median price?
Tried trading this system for a few days, no luck for me at all :slight_smile:
Followed the instructions by the book but didnt get a single positive trade , weird right? Anyways, i like this system and not giving up, now im testing the automated system with a demo. Downloaded it, pain in the ass to get it working right but finally got it.
went a full day without any trades popping up. Finally at the evening, within 15 minutes after i last checked, 8 trades popped up! Awsome. Unfortunately 7 of them went immidietly to the opposite direction… After a couple of hours those 7 were all about 20-25 pips in the minus side. The one profitable was about 5 pips +. Thats sucks.
Right now, about 24 hours later 3 are in the minus and 4 are profitable finally. That is partly due to the news today. Will continue to test this. Altough the robopip settings are way too harsh for me coz i like tighter trailing stop and stoploss. But then again i wouldnt have any trades in the profit now.

That’s strange, I started this system on Sunday night, and have had 14 trades. 8 of which have closed, 3 in profit and the other 5 all closed B/E. Of the open trades, they are all under -10 pips bar 1 which is currently at -17 pips

Hi FP…

I had been trying your system for the past few days after robopip started investigating it… Its unfortunate that I did not come across your system earlier which is successful from 2009… I had gone through almost the full thread and could see the success rate…

Congrats and thanks for your system…

Need a clarification… This is regarding ur 1hr amazing crossover…

Here the RSI is applied to median… What about the EMA 5 & EMA 10?? Should it be applied to close or anything else…

Thanks in advance
Forex Dog…

ForexPhantom,

Thanks for your suggestion. I finally could do it. For some reason, my MetaTrader 4 comes with a custom indicator set which also contains RSI. So I have 2 RSIs

The RSI that allows the (HL/2) set up is the one that comes with MetaTrader 4 not the Custom Indicator one.

Hi Gsen,

Perhaps you can take screenshots of your setups and show us so we can learn and provide feedback to you.

Also - which automated system are you testing?? Can you please share a link, thank you.

I would also like to know whether you apply Median or Close or what to the EMAs…

I googled amazing crossover system ea and the first link was the one, on the link there are tutorials how to set it up etc. They helped a little.
Screenshots of what exactly?
I applied emas same as rsi- median price. Figured might aswell. Noticed today that the rsi and emas very rarely cross even at the same time… Usually rsi is behind.
Today system opened 4 new trades. 3 of them exactly at the same time! 18:00 , weird, and one an hour and a half later. All 4 are in the +. 3 closed while writing this message now. 45 pips in the profit all together.

thanks for the pointers on getting the EA. I’m building my own / learning, so just want to see this one to see how they’re implementing it, if i’m missing anything, etc.

Screenshots - I meant of the trade setups, if you were going in manually that is. If it’s being done by an ea, might still be nice to see when the ea went in to see if we can learn anything. Maybe throw on another indicator (ex: MACD) during that time frame and see if we got confirmation, stuff like that.

Let me know how the EA testing goes!

Looked at that EA, from the-lazy-trader right? That EA, as it mentions on the site, is a modified version of this system in a couple ways, most prominent being: doesn’t look for RSI cross over, simply looking to see whether it is above or below 50 level. I think it’s good to test out, but I don’t think we can apply results to this system as they are somewhat different.

Its the lazytrader on yes.
Mkcity- im not adding anything there on purpose. I want to see how this one does for now. Just to test it out for a couple of months. Its not a very good system by far but hey, its fun on play money :slight_smile:
Finally someday i would like to find/make an that trades based on fibo levels and in channels, but its probably easier to trade those thing manually. + i have no idea how to make an ea from scratch. Needs coding skillz and all the voodoo stuff i guess :smiley:

Today it opened 3 new trades. 2 at the same damn time?? 20:00(8pm) Im getting the feeling that the ea isnt getting its signals right . In some cases the emas havent crossed but the trade is opened. We will see

Thanks for providing screens.

There are ways to create EA’s without knowing how to code, especially simple ones. There are online EA generators. I used this one to create a basis for mine: Online Forex Expert Advisor Generator it seems legit, but I’m not using/trusting it blindly, i’m using it more as a template/guide to help me learn how to code EAs, but it’s a good starting point!

I’m currently working on setting up my testing platform however (backtesting). I’m using ClarkFX’s excellent post (here) as a guide, but stuck at one point (converting time frames…). Hopefully will get past this roadblock soon and start testing! I have some ideas…

LOL @ “2 at the same damn time” loll

I’m trying to setup my testing platform (so I can backtest), but i’m stuck at the step of converting data (from minute data to other periods…). I’m following this thread and posted here (301 Moved Permanently) but I think it’s dead… if anyone sees this and is willing/able to help, would be much appreciated! thank you.

Hi Everyone,

I have used this Amazing Crossover System last week and made 242 pips in 6 trades having 5 : 1 Win - Loss Ratio. But I used manual entry and exit method since I do not know how to mechanise the system. It is really appreciated if someone helps me to make a mechanical system( I do not know how to code it )
Cheers …

I paid a programmer to developed it for me but after running it using StrategyTester, I can’t get any good ROI. What is the TP and SL you are using and which pair you are testing ?