Amazing Crossover System - 100+ pips per day!

Hi all,

I’ve tried to code the system. In attach the first results:

If anyone in interest into test/help to improve I can share the code.

Bye

Hi am insterested could you pm me the code please.

Hi…
Already there is an EA based on this which you can see in the previous page or could get it from lazytrader site… It could give you an idea as how it is done and any new enhancement from your side is welcome and let us know what have you dine so that we can putforth any new ideas or suggestions to make the system more powerful…

Hi gattogladio,

I would also be interested in getting your code and tweaking it a bit.

I have created an EA for this system, but I suffered a lot in ranges and “weak cross” signals - if you know what I mean. I tried to apply SMA(200) or ATR (5) to enter trades which exceed the 5-period ATR, but it didn’t bring any success. Perhaps, after going through your code I might see where’s the problem with mine and we might set up something much more profitable and stable than our two versions alone.

Looking forward to your reply

Can share what is the URL for lazytrader site ? I search for his post but can’t find any EA here.

Hi,

I also developed an EA for this but it performs terribly in the backtesting. I got my data from Dukascopy and tested EUR/USD from March to June to try replicate robopips backtest results. His tests showed it to be awsome, 46 trades, 22 winners 22 breakeven 2 losers, total +961 pips, that’s incredible. But For that same date range with my EA, it lost a a few hundred pips. Even though the EA seems easy to create, there are intricacies like when it should trade (candle close or throughout the candle?), and even with tweaking I have not got close to his results. The most was about +150 pips, with LOTS of trades and LOTS of losers.

Would love to see what some good code looks like.

So, having tested this for a 1.5 weeks so far on my demo account (started with a few tweaks to TP and SL, which have since been reverted back to Phantoms original aims), I am mariginally up, but the 2 losses would have made the end profits look better had I used the original S/L.

One think I have noticed, and am interested in getting others thoughts on opinions on how far apart the cross-overs need to be to rule cancel the trade set up? In the example provided, the EMA cross-over happened towards the end of the 4am candle, and the collaborating RSI cross-over occurred at the start of the same candle.

Now, from my understanding of the set up, the cross-over needs to be at the same time, or is during the same candle period considered the same time?

Google with words " amazing crossover ea "… The first result would be from lazytrader…

Now, from my understanding of the set up, the cross-over needs to be at the same time, or is during the same candle period considered the same time??

Dear Forexphantom could you please clarify this… Even I have the same doubt…

cool system, really interesting backtesting. Managed to get in one trade with it yesterday. A sell EUR/USD at 1.3415 which is currently at +40 pips. As a newbie I signed up with eToro who doesn’t support trailing stops… Do any of you know a good forex broker that has this feature and low spreads as well?

Check exness, liteforex, icmarkets…

Am also on etoro, only option is to manually adjust the S/L as the price moves, ask for the trailing S/L though as the more people that ask, the more likely they will add it

Would love to get some insight from someone who is having success as to how the rules are being applied in the EA to get good results. I am not having good results. I am trying to get close to robopips backtest results but I am no where close!

He did a backtest on EURUSD 1hr from March - June (4 months). He was up 961 pips, 46 trades total. Not sure if he was opening multiple positions with this EA.

In mine, when I use 100 pips at tp and sl, and 20 pip ts, trading only one position at a time, I get 13 trades total, 6 winners, 7 looser for a net -56 pips…

I’m attaching screens of the first three trades here (all loosers). I believe there is potential in this system but as is shown, it’s not perfect and not as easy as it seems.

In looking at the second trade, we can see (in hindsight) that the RSI did not CLOSE below 50, but it must have crossed at some point during that candle for the trade to have been triggered. Possible solutions I can think of:

1. wait until the close of the current candle (so technically, the open of a new candle), and then look back at the previous 2 candles to see if the signal was generated. In my experience, on 1 hour charts, when there is a strong signal, you will have missed the boat by waiting for confirmation like this. On the other hand, by going in right away on the signal, we have many potential losers, like #2 below.

2. If you go in on a trade as it happens, on the next candle, confirm the rsi (or MA’s) did in fact cross and close like that, confirming the signal. If not, close the trade.

I feel like I might be making things unnecessarily complicated, but clearly, I am not having great success following the simple rules. Robopip, if you see this, help us!

am currently trading the system on the H4 TF and just banked 50pips on EURUSD since yesterday. currently in on GBPUSD and its up a couple of pips

Here’s the code. It work on tester but now seem it doesn’t open trade on live.

If anyone wants help…you’re welcome :slight_smile:

hello everyone,

Been reviewing this system for the past couple of weeks on demo with not much success mostly because I’ve been interfering too much (killing losing trades too quickly, taking quick profits, moving stop losses etc).

I’ve got hold of the EA and left it to run on its own for the last 24 hours without interference and the results have been pretty impressive, i’d say maybe 90% winning trades on the ± 15 trades entered. Only downfall was the CAD employment news today which went against all my CAD entered trades but as ForexPhantom said don’t trade fridays and get out well before big news drops. If the news went my way i would have been into some serious pips though.

Hoping to play around with the code for the EA to further improve the entry and exit points as i feel they are not as accurate as they could be.

But thanks for this thread it has opened my eyes and I’ve learned so much from it.

Just a couple of questions on this method…

Do we wait for a candle to close after the crossover to enter, or we go straight in once the crossover happens?

Also, does this method work on exotic pair? or just the majors and comdolls?

Thanks

Are you using my EA or another?

Bye

tried your ea doesn’t seem to work on wither for me, thanks for the effort coding is seriously hard.

'best

What kind of problem have you experienced?