Amazing Crossover System - 100+ pips per day!

Not really done any testing on it. The system has some positive comments though.
Best dude.

Any one tried this on a 4 hour? im getting loads of losers, the crossover lines up with rsi bit then goes back so quickly i have to be glued to the screen. 3 hour looks better, less turn arounds, any one tried any other time frames?

Would be nice too if if anyone can provide updates on this trader if possible.

You can search for ā€œForex System Rules: Amazing Crossover Systemā€ at Google.
There are 3 versions.

Hey Daltron,

I have been trying it out on 15M charts but like you I had many losers. So Iā€™m thinking of going up TF like hr1 or daily. Backtests seem to give good results but forward testing tell me otherwise. Iā€™m starting to develop doubts as to the reliability of its signals. I may be doing something wrong. But I have figured few things here and there that could aid you getting more winners than losers. Have you tried on daily TF ?

Hi Wibie G,

which pair do you trade ?
Iā€™ve tried it on pretty much every pair on 15M so far I havenā€™t gotten impressive results yet. I do like however using 50sma as a floating S&R on hr1 chart.

Just curious if anyone knows whether this system has been made into a mechanical backtester that is being shared? Possibly for Think or Swim? Would love to test out results on various time frames and currencies/commoditiesā€¦ thanks!

I just discovered this method and tying to forward test it, because it looks promising (this is the first time, I try a system by the way.)

Although Iā€™m watching 10 pairs H1 timeframe,(all of them are majors), technically I never see an example, when the EMAs cross each other at the exact same time, when the RSI crosses the 50 line. So like one of them is always a bit late or a bit soon.

My question is, that are you considering a small threshold to which you say ā€œyeah that might be just enough to open that tradeā€?

No need for them to cross at exactly the same time
Once both have crossed as at the close of the 1hr candle, then the trad is valid

10 pairs is just too much
i am testing on 3 pairs gbpusd audusd eurusd. it is important you only trade trending pairs
So well so good. you take many small hits while waiting for the home run

@internetgrandmaster Your strategy does work on a trending market, however on a ranging market I donā€™t trade at all, because having no position is a position. :wink:

1 Like

Hi rookie39,

Firstly, I must apologize for not replying sooner. For some reason, I got unsubscribed from this thread. I donā€™t remember ever doing it. Hence, I didnā€™t get your query. But out of curiousity, I browsed to this thread and found your reply.

To answer your question, I trade XauUsd (Gold) in H1. I add a couple of Oscillators for confirmation and Fractals for SL. Gold has been more frantic these days; RRR of 1:2.5 is no longer a viable target. Therefore I lower my RRR to 1:1.5 now.

Cheers.

The disadvantage of SMA 50 Line is it could take a while before the Line and Pivot Line meet up again after a major fall/jump.

Iā€™m currently testing [B]Donchian Channelā€™s Mid Level[/B] (default settings) as SMA 50ā€™s Substitute to create more valid trades. The rules are: BUY if Signal Candle or a previous recent candle has recently crossovered from below to ABOVE the Mid Level; SELL if Signal Candle or a previous recent candle has recently crossovered from above to BELOW the Mid Level.

donchina channel isnā€™t a standard mt indicator, if i remember correctly, so which period of donchian do you use? 20? or 50?
Thanks!

Yes, itā€™s a custom one.

Here you go:

• Channel Period: [B]28[/B]
  • EMA Period: [B]120[/B]
  • StartEMAShift: [B]6[/B]
  • EndEMAShift: [B]0[/B]
  • AngleTreshold: [B]0.32[/B]

Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t upload the ex4 I use; restriction from babypips.

Hereā€™s my forward test using my version of the system on USDJPY. Looks good.

Technical Notes:

• Donchian Channelā€™s Mid Level is the White Line.
  • Pivot Level is the Bright Blue Line.
  • My RSI is applied to HLC/3; unlike the original HL/2
  • My RSI Trigger Levels are ā€œCross above 55ā€ for BUY; ā€œCross below 45ā€ for SELL;

Cheersā€¦

you can zip your template and indicators and then upload to sendspace or babypips itself.
Thanks!
Cheers!

Just chiming in on this, how has it developed over the years? Has anything been added on to it or such? 60 pages, 6 years later. Or can I still follow the first page postings?

Hi sailormoon ,

FYI, Iā€™m a trading coach. Iā€™m very keen to help people; I really do. Sometimes a little too much that I end up spoiling them, instead of empowering them.

If thereā€™s one thing Iā€™ve learned all these years, that would be not to give anything on a silver platter to my students. Bests to giveā€™em enough clues, and then let them do their own research. That way theyā€™ll know WHY & HOW to develop their own trading plan from own experiences; not from some ā€˜expertsā€™ telling them what to do.

Trust me, after all said & done, what works for me wonā€™t necessarily work for you or anyone else. Having said that, Iā€™m open for any queries you may have, but after you do your own research of course. Indicators are available for free in online forums and indicator websites. Thatā€™ll be a form of research activity too.

All the bests! :wink:

Hi BigPipGrabber,

For long pages like this, what I would typically do is to read the first 5 pages and the last 5 ones of the thread to get some ideas of the originals and the latest developments.

Cheers.

Unlike USDJPY above, not a so smooth ride for XAUUSD (Gold) last night (itā€™s 7am at my place now). It was able to reach 1:2.5 after all. But as I said, I locked my profit at 1:1.5 for this pair.

Note:
My version of money management for this system is:

• Hold each trade for a maximum of 2 days;
  • Maintain SL at original place on 1st day;
  • Move SL to BE+few pips on 2nd day; then
  • Let Price hits TP or BE.