An IA or Chat Gpt is better than an a Robot or a EA tool?

If there are some statistics or results about which Perform better… has someone can show?

If you understand how Ai works (neural/probability principle) and Expert Advisors work (algorithmic/rule-based), then I would theorise that Expert Advisors are better in the long run as they follow the same rules as discretionary traders. But that’s just my theory. I have no proof of it.

AI uses feedback to help improve its results but EA does not which means that AI can adapt to changing conditions but EA will just use the same rules regardless of results.

I have limited exposure to Chat GPT (analyzed 40 use cases), and more exposure to one AI app (Microsoft Copilot for convenience). I have very little exposure to EAs in practice.

Artificial Intelligence is a catch all for what will become thousands of niche applications in the very near future. One expert advisor (EA) is a relatively simple program whose objectives may be completely different from that of another EA (eg ranging market, trending market), and whose objectives seem to be of a static nature. Therefore, to answer the question “which perform better” you would need to quantify what you mean by “better”, because AI’s use case seems to be far broader than that of an EA. Just an opinion.

Hi @Adolfson, I have done both, but I can’t show you the data, confused on how. But I give you the summary what I have been doing up to now. You can conclude yourselves.

I can say AI is overestimated. Depends on AI, humans will be doomed. Let see how human’s future will become relying on it. I wont be part of it, since my time won’t be that long to experience it.

AI’s knowledge is consensus / summary from majority. That means if majority are wrong, AI will be wrong. Can the majority be wrong? Remember the story of Galileo and Copernicus?

AI and Chat GPT is tools to summarize information. Just focus on coding skill on ChatGPT, its skill comes from famous coding websites such as stackoverflow. Because in those websites only have newbies knowledge, chatGPT skill is considered newbies.

Now you have copilot tools. I used it before and when I sniffed the data, everything I wrote was passed to outside. copilot was helping me, but it also did “steals” something from me to enhance its intelligent. So AI need to “steal” from great coder to be looked smart. AI is a copy cat engine. AI is good in mimicking “intelligent”. AI can’t think outside the box. Honestly, AI makes dumb people look smart, smart people looks pathetic. :neutral_face:

Back to the question, which one is better, AI or EA tools.
Market is so dynamic, you need to think out of the box to make your trading methodology survive. AI lack of this part.

The cost to develop an EA will be time to enhance it. When you see anomaly, you learn the anomaly to add in to your EA. By the time your EA will get better and better. If you use copilot to develop EA, copilot will steal the code and claims it to all … Hi, I am AI, and I know the best trading method. Let’s think if the coder doesn’t use copilot, will the AI has this knowledge?

Let says you develop a real AI, a side from ChatGPT’s things. I will tell you from the perspective of Neural Network principle.

I have been developing an AI model using Neural Network (NN) since 1999. It’s till running and it has very complex model for now. To analyze market, NN need inputs. Once we identify the inputs, we need model or formula to analyze the market. We need to design layer. Layer is kind of perspective to view data. More layer will be assumed to give more comprehensive analysis. Once you have finish the modelling, you need to train the model to get good result. Training the model, you need to collect good samples, depend on what methodology to train the model. I’m using supervised training. This whole of tasks will be make your head explode. :boom: POW!!

By using EA, you just need to add in the code, back testing it and it’s done … eh … then … WHAT? :thinking: … yes, nothing more.

By having this complexity, how can an AI will be superior compare to a good EA. :expressionless:

Don’t compare ChatGPT’s skill to analyze market or generating code to be used in profesional trading. ChatGPT code and analysis are intended for beginner to learn, it’s not for professional thing. They are garbage. Don’t get offended, this is the truth.

The last, when I find something new in the market, I need weeks to create a model, prepare data and train my bot before running the AI bot. But for my statistical base trading system, it takes only 1-2 days.

Do you see the different? I haven’t mentioned the result of trading by AI compare to statistical base EA. It’s not even close or worse like –censored– :smile:

1 Like