Another returning client

Hi guys!

So I have been trading for more than a decade but it was on and off because I have never actually quit my day-job as a financial advisor (still didn’t got to the level of income and benefits).

I have a lot of experience in many markets, managing OPM, advising to traders/ investors and investing and trading myself (yes these are two different areas of expertise), but managing your own money, trading in the fast moving forex market is extremely different than all of the above.

When entering the trading door, you must be prepared to get clobbered psychologically on a daily basis - and I am ready!

That’s the spirit! :blush: Haha. Yaaay! Welcome to BP @Pavel1503! A decade of trading on and off is still pretty amazing! :open_mouth: What was the most important thing you’ve learned in those 10 years? :open_mouth: And since you mentioned it was an on and off thing, what kept you coming back to forex? :thinking:

1 Like

Welcome to Babypips!

1 Like

Hi and thank you.

I would say the most important thing is to have a plan and trade the plan. Even if you neglect the back testing stage, you will come to see if your plan worth something or not in the end, hopefully without chewing your account too much. My first year was a mess of entering and exiting trades on a whim, while these days, it’s all planned out and I never shoot a MKT order.

What kept me coming is the need to improve my game. I always wanted to trade for a living but life kept pushing me back to my profession as a financial advisor. All in all, to have a successful trading business you do need a good enough capital, because if you don’t, you will take substantial risk in every trade or have a minor unworthy growth in your account and it will take you too long to reach your goals (taking your expenses into the account)

Thanks for the warm welcome

1 Like

Awww. :blush: Thank you for sharing that @Pavel1503! :blush: I’ve also heard about the importance of having and trading your plan. I’m actually trying to develop something the suits me right now. :slight_smile: I hope I could successfully trade this plan soon! :slight_smile: Haha.

Good luck with your tradiiing! I will always be cheering for you! :blush: