Any book recommendations for Portfolio and Risk Management

Hi,

Can some one recommend a good book for portfolio management/risk management strategies? not necessarily for forex as I am trading stocks also. Thanks!

You’re trading Stocks. Half the battle won already.

What kind of information are you looking for specifically???

What I’m getting at is that risk management and portfolio management are two different things. Risk management is what it is and usually doesn’t deviate too far from certain norms. Portfolio management applies more to the business of investing than trading. Unless of course you’re into sector rotation and the like. But I’m taking a wild guess and saying that because you’re posting here the latter doesn’t apply. I could be wrong though. Not that it happens often but it does happen now and then!!! LOL!!!

You can refer to the following books if you wish to diversify your knowledge base on portfolio management and risk:

1. Pioneering Portfolio Management by David S. Swensen
  2. Active Portfolio Management by Richard Grinold and Roland Kahn
  3. Behavioural Portfolio Management by Thomas Howard.
4 Likes

1st book is quite good. I have read it.

Portfolio Management Formulas

I would also recommend the third one. Behavioral Portfolio Management.

The best book specifically on portfolio risk management is Portfolio Risk Analysis , but it’s heavily mathematical. Other recommendations would be Pioneering portfolio management by David F. Swensen and Running Money by Scott Stewart & Jeffrey Heisler

3 Likes

Here are a few recommendations for you - Investment analysis and portfolio management by Frank K. Reily and Keith C. Brown and Portfolio management under stress by Ricardo Rebonato & Alexander Denev

Quite a popular book indeed.