Any help would be amazing

Hi guys,

wondered if anyone could help.

I have had a demo account with Saxo bank now for 20 days and found to be making profit on most of my scalps. I was trading XAUUSD - just scalping at 100k. All of a sudden I found that my trades started at between minus $100 and $200. I imagine thats either lag or the spread. Although a big amount to claw back for a scalp trader.

I looked around and thought I would give IC Markets a blast, but for love or money couldn’t get MT4 installed on my mac.

Any suggestions for brokers that are best for scalp traders. I am going to stick with a demo account for a bit longer too, I am UK based.

Thank you,

Lee

Hi, MT4 was designed for Windows OS, Dukascopy offers JForex for Mac if you want still trade on Mac. Important questions, why do you want use scalping method?, how long do you trade forex?. Regards Greg

Hi Greg,

thanks for the reply. All noted on MT4. Thank you.

Scalping just fits in with my style. Ive been learning for a month now and had some decent success with scalping. Think I have a decent strategy that has given me around 80% win rate.

Lee

Are you using MT4 for automation?

80% is an awesome win rate, keep it going!

ok so you backtested this strategy on high-quality tick data, you have a lot of cash to trade and special conditions with the broker to trade this method and very fast and stable internet connection or VPS located in a big data center near broker server.

thanks Tommy. I havent used MT4 yet - saxon trader have there own platform… its just a bit laggy and not really akin to scale trades - margins are poor for scalping too

Hi Greg,

yes I am back testing. Decent connection on the fibre broadband yes.

Lee

ok, good luck :slight_smile:

If you have a newer machine with enough RAM you can run MS Windows using Parallels Desktop for Mac ($80). Parallels is a Windows emulator. You will also need a license for Windows to install it via Parallels. Thereafter you can install any Windows programs, including MT4/5 on your Mac.

cheers for this. I like the saxo platform - but would like to try MT4. I might have a spare pc knocking around somewhere…, it does seem MT$ is the holy grail of trading platforms…

back to the original question - - which broker would be best for scalping strategy… thanks guys

check LMAX offer